Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadpool
It's still in my DVR. I will watch it again.

The movie is all about the snark and look how cool we are making a movie. But it's also about the humanness of Dead Pool. He is so flawed and vain and an idiot. He's not fighting for truth, justice and the American way, he's fighting to get his girl back. You get the sense that this what would happen if we got super powers and what we would do with them.

It also touches that nerve of how would you make a movie if you didn't have an unlimited budget like the other Marvel movies? The reason it's a knife fight at the end is because they didn't have the money to do the gun fight they wanted to do. So, swords it is.

Part of the problem is that everyone's expectations for the film were so high, like it was for me, and the film couldn't ever live up to expectations, which it didn't do for me on first viewing. But there are sections I really enjoy. I think the origin section works really well. The car shoot out works. The end is a little longish, but it does have super hero landing.

And why did they make Carano put on so much weight?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Maybe I should have waited until the ladies arrived then
the hands that guide me are invisible
(05-11-2017, 08:23 AM)Greg Wrote: And why did they make Carano put on so much weight?

Carano is a real fighter. She's got real muscles like a real woman.  Not one of the scrawny skinny-wrist actresses who don't have enough sinew to really throw a punch.  Don't be dissin my gal, Gina.  

[Image: 10400363_1093055448453_7252783_n.jpg?oh=...e=59C20B8A]
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I'm just saying. Did she do workouts to add more muscles to her face?

[Image: 2F9C209000000578-3374326-image-m-4_1451088194470.jpg]
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm