Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superbowl 50
DOOM EYES ONLY.  DM might let some totally confidential stuff slip here, but it won't matter after Sunday.  Besides, we've kept so many secrets for each other over the years...what's another?

In order to work the Superbowl, all RM volunteers were required to work a minimum of 10 football games over the last two years and submit a lengthy application back in September for security clearance.  DM did none of this.  Never worked a single football game.  That's the sport with the funny-shaped ball, right?  The one Dm keeps trying to get Greg to kick through those goalposts?  Whassup with dat?  On a lark, DM submitted for security clearance late, just on the off chance.  Only one-third of the RM vols that applied made the cut.  Best Jedi Mind Trick ever....or at least, the best one for 2016 so far...

I actually have to be in SF tomorrow night for a Deadpool screener on Market St., right in the thick of Superbowl City.  I am stressing parking.  I originally intended to BART in from Daly City (old haunts, land of the mysteriously disappeared DOOM lair, Castle Highland) but LCF discovered that Monkey King 2 is showing up there too, amazingly before the China premiere.  If I try to see that too (and it will probably be my only chance to see this on the big screen), I would be too late for BART.  What to do, what to do...

I'm carpooling in on Sunday.  RM's call time is 5:30AM sharp and it is estimated that it will take over an hour to clear security and get into position (note that RM also covers the parking lot tailgates).  

I'm only doing this for your entertainment.  DOOM at the Superbowl.  More to come...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I'm so excited. I wish I cared.

Dammit, I do care! DM might win this year. And that is never good.

Will you be allowed to take pictures? I'd tell you to take pictures of famous 49ers like Joe Montana or Ronnie Lott or Steve Young or Jerry Rice, but I'm guessing you have no idea who I am talking about.

This seems like such a waste.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Hey, DM.  Remember the Giants game we went to last summer?  I used ParkWhiz to reserve parking and it worked out surprisingly well and economical.  They're supplying some Superbowl parking.

https://www.parkwhiz.com/levi-s-stadium-...-322639849

But you seem to have that part of your plans pinned down.

As for the SF parking (if you don't take BART), they might be a resource to check into.

https://www.parkwhiz.com/p/san-francisco-parking/map/
I'm nobody's pony.
(02-04-2016, 11:58 AM)Greg Wrote: This seems like such a waste.

It is such a waste - to be so close yet so far.  The screener is at 7.  MK2 is at 4:55, 7:50, 10:45 - running time = 2 hours.  Last train to the airport is supposed to be 1:05 out of Powell BART.  That's cutting it really close.

MK2 is premiering here in the U.S. prior to China, where it is premiering on Monday (Chinese New Year).   Huh
Parkwhiz...right.  Maybe I'll download that app.  Thanks!  

I might just try my luck.  I feel lucky today.
And that's when everything fell asunder.

Ball sports!

[Image: 48partyradarsuperbowl.jpg]

--tg
The parking gods smiled upon me. I scored a sweet spot right in the heart of this madness. IT IS INSANE HERE.

@tg: ew
Now in between Deadpool & Monkey King 2. Also playing here are Ip Man 3 & From Vegas to Macao (new Chow Yun Fat reprising his gambler). There are only Chinese here. $17 for this 3D. Deadpool was in imax but not this.

Legbone kept me out of SB50.
Legbone?  Bummer.
I thought if anyone stopped you, it would be Lucy.

Does that mean the Lady and I might see you on Sunday in a different venue?
I'm nobody's pony.
Goddamn tease. What happened.

Can I have your ticket?

I meant superbowl city et.al. I forgot to leave the skeletool knife he gave me in the car and security was tight. I'm not sure I could've got past the line anyway and got to the screener on time. My bad.

It was packed. Biggest thing I've ever seen in SF.

I'm still on for tomorrow. And call time is pushed back to 6:15.

To any DOOM football fans (G & tQ) I am going because you can't.
The best part about this thread is that there are two of them.

So, who are you getting to do video this year at TCEC?

SB50 is all over my fb & Instagram. So many friends at the various SB events. Tonight it's Pharell, Metallica & RHCP. Alicia Keys too but I heard they had to shut down SB city because the crowd was too big. I only peeked over the fences yesterday because I was packing that skeletool. I can hear LB laughing from Alaska.

We're getting hourly updates on how we get in tomorrow. Crazy.

I'll try to post tomorrow here from inside. Levis has great wifi.