Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Chariots of DOOM
OK, thanks, Mr. Internet!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
My lug nut key finally came so I picked up 4 new nuts at autozone for $6. The thread was right but not for the goddamned CRV socket wrench. Gotta go to the dealership for those. They're $13+. PER NUT. FML. $50+ and I can drive again without fear. At least until someone steals my tires...
Gerting a tire rotation (finally cuz I gotz no mo lockin nutz) and a new air filter (cuz I gotz allergies).
After KFTC25 AF, when I got my car from the valet, my tire light was on. I had just had my tires rotated and Big O said they were fine, so I took it back and they said it was a faulty light because the tire pressure was still fine. G2 had a problem with her Lexus tire light - damn thing just kept staying despite no problem. Lexis finally fixed it but I think they just took out the bulb.

So I got a flat in my rear passenger side tire. Couldn't find a puncture. At midnight. After the 2nd to last Ramayana when we'd all been working hard since 3:30 (Stacy and I did have tix - the show is 3+ hours). 

I don't know what it is about this CRV. It performs well enough but it's had quirky issues. I have yet to name it or sticker it. Maybe I should.
Ask the Yeti! It's the return of the yellow aura!
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Well, I'm grateful I got rid of those locking lug nuts before this.
Once upon a time, the Yeti bought a really stylish black pick-up truck.....

It's a black thang then? Why yellow aura? Is this a story we really want to hear?
Got two new rear tires. Cost almost as much as my new filling (had to replace an ancient silver filling with that new composite filling - my dentist is a Kung Fu brother so he gives me a decent discount).

There was a screw neatly drilled into the tire. I just didn't see it at night. The odd thing is the tire light is now off. So was that screw there when Big O double-checked my tires? Has it been there since KFTC25 AF? Another mystery I'll never solve and soon forget until o re-read this thread someday.
I recommend America's Tire, because they have a good warranty on the tires. I've had several damaged tires replaced free. I ran over a big screw when my car was less than a month old, and they sold me a warranty for the tires on it. I've had one replaced free since then, so it more than paid for itself.
the hands that guide me are invisible
dammit

picked up yet another window chip from a pebble on the commute.  something about this model of crv just seems to attract pebbles.  i've got more chips after 3 years than i've had with all my previous cars combined.  

it's not a bad chip - easily repaired with one of those otc kits - just got to get around to doing that.   Undecided
In your spare time.

Tara is officially inheriting Stacy's chariot, that workhorse civic.  It's a stick shift, which I'm pleased that Tara learned to drive from the start, no radio, no ac, busted corners and such, but it still runs like a champ.  Tara and I loaded it full of stuff she's taking, an old bed frame, a bamboo blind, our old throw rug which took some water damage in the shed so we had to cut a huge portion off, and a bunch of odd belongings like art, paintings, books and such.  My dad would've been proud to see how well Tara packed that car - like a freakin tetris master. They are driving straight to SD although they plan to avoid the grapevine. Tara says her new apartment mate is car savvy.  I just went over some stuff with her in that dad-ly way (as if I really knew cars) - reviewing with her how to add air and water to the car and where the oil stick was.  

Hopefully they will make it to SD without incident and that ol civic, which Tara has named Phoebe, serves her well for a few more years. She claimed it by placing a big ol Santa Cruz (skateboard) sticker on top of the old Santa Cruz (otter & pup) sticker that she got for Stacy when we first moved to the Cruz.  She's looking forward to gluing a small Ganesh statue to the dashboard, for protection.  

I'll miss each of us having our own cars, but I won't miss that civic.  It hated me. Always bumped my head when getting into it.  I'm sure it did that maliciously.
FYI, I read about a study that found that driving stick shift drastically reduces accidents among younger drivers, because it forces them to pay attention and not do a lot of other stuff while driving.
the hands that guide me are invisible