Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Chariots of DOOM
It’s costco. You should’ve bought those tires in bulk.

On a happier note, I bought a new 10mm wrench and placed it in the Funkmobile.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Well that blows.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Wtf? Darth won’t start. We just drove it downtown and back and it was fine. It whimpers instead of turning over. No clicking. Fingers crossed that it’s just a battery issue. AAA otw…

Fixed. Bad battery. Still under warranty so it cost me nothing but time. 

I do so love AAA.
AAA ROCKS!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Been tardy in updating this. We let go of the funkmobile finally. It had a parasitic power leak which meant we had to run it every other day or disconnect the battery (which was awkward given the battery mount). That was tiresome. But we couldn’t get it smogged because of other issues (maybe related to the leak) and repairs were upwards of $1500 which seemed like a lot for a car only worth about a third of that. We ended up selling it to a mechanic for his kid’s starter car - it’s a total fixer-upper for a mechanic. 

Now we’re back to a reasonable 2 cars - Darth (crv) and Phoebe (civic) although we shall likely trade phoebe in for a new civic or crv. We’re planning that before next fall. 

The funkmobile had a good run while it lasted. It fell into our laps when out dear neighbor fled the Cruz for Berkeley during the pandemic. It was a zippy ride - a manual Jetta - with a cassette player no less. But it was a pain to maintain. All things are impermanent.
Let's pour one out for the Funkmobile!

We are millionaires!

Well, it’s only a million plus between the two of us so the plural isn’t quite right. 

We sold Ranch Macbeth. We iz millionaire!

So what did we do? We bought a new car.

S is now the proud owner of 2023 Subaru Forester, fully locked and loaded with all the amenities. She says she’ll let me drive it if I have to do hwy17 in a storm. I’ll wait.
Sweet.

Very nice!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.