Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saratoga Christmas 2015
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

2 dogs. 2 Humans. 1 double bed.

Poop stains on the wall.

Although, the parents do have that new amusement park ride. That makes a clicking noise all the time that they can't hear.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Good things about the trip to Saratoga:

1. Got to see and hug the Yeti.
2. Had really delicious Thai food with the Yeti.
3. Got to take a nice walk with the nephew and go yarn-shopping with his mom; I like them, and I needed both the walk and the yarn.
4. The blessed silence whenever just the two of us left the house.
5. Got to see the Yeti -- oh, wait, I already listed that one. Umm...

Not so good things about the trip to Saratoga:

1. Having to breathe through my mouth whenever we rode in the car with my in-laws.
2. Having to breathe through my mouth pretty much anywhere we were in the house.
3. Cleaning poop off the bathroom counter before I could set down my toothbrush, and out of the shower before I could take one.
4. Sitting at what is referred to as the kitchen table, but in reality is an overly large surface area for that space topped with hell only knows what.
5. Sleeping on the 24" of available floor space between the closet and the sofa bed because it was preferable to the terrible double size mattress on top of the terrible sofa bed. (And still having Maeve share my sleeping space).
6. The volume level when the rest of the Seattle contingent (apart from the nephew) arrived.
7. Sitting through the one-at-a-time, "look what I got" gift opening process and hearing the phrase "Isn't that fun?" over and over and over and over and wondering when "fun" became interchangeable with "useless crap that no one else on earth would have any reason to buy let alone give to someone else."

Worst thing about the trip to Saratoga:

I really didn't have to go. I had an out - my husband said (several times) I didn't have to go. I was worried about offending my in-laws, and didn't want to feel guilty about making up an excuse or forcing my husband to make up an excuse... Lesson learned. If a hotel hasn't been booked, the dogs and I should stay in L.A.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.