Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bee Stings
I've now been stung by bees twice in the last several months. All I can say is, "What the hell, Bees,"

The first one was right in the ear. To which I say, F you, Bee. I'm going to say Hive collapse is good thing if they keep on like this. I spent two weeks wincing every time I rubbed my ear.

Yesterday, it happened again. I went to rub something off my head. I couldn't find anything. A second later the thing I couldn't find stung me on the back of the head. Little Bastard.

I've never had a problem with bee stings, except for the pain and irritation that a damn bee had stung me. Until yesterday.

Rashes appeared in my armpits, groin, and on my wrists. I kept looking at my wrists to see these large circular patterns. Th ear near where I got stung also seemed to be bright red, but that might just have been because I've been out in the sun.

Today, I have this large swelling on the back of neck. I feel like a homunculus is sucking on my brain.

Stupid bees.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
That sounds more like a Cthulhu bite.
Are you sensitive to bee stings? That sounds like a stupid question, considering your reaction. But just honestly wondering.

One of our friends had to go to the hospital a couple times after mosquito bites. A red line was going up the arm from the bite spot. Sepsis, I think, which is actually quite serious. Freaks me out thinking about sensitive she is. Not that your reaction sounds like sepsis.
I'm nobody's pony.
I've never had a problem with bee stings. Including the one I had several months ago. Even as a kid, I once walked passed a hive and got stung about five times. No problem.

It's because I'm old, isn't it?
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
My cousin used to do landscaping in New England. We were visiting once when my daughter was small, having a family get-together, and several kids got stung. His home remedy was to rub toothpaste on it. It seemed to work at the time. I don't know if it was the novelty of smearing toothpaste on yourself, or if there was some actual value to it, but you might give that a try next time.

--tg
Greg Wrote:I've never had a problem with bee stings. Including the one I had several months ago. Even as a kid, I once walked passed a hive and got stung about five times. No problem.

It's because I'm old, isn't it?

The toxin from bee stings is cumulative. So it's not about being old, it's about being stung a lot over time. Some people have a natural resistance. Others go into anaphylaxis, the probability of which increases with each sting.

We do a lot of stings in RM & JM. A LOT.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Not a wasp? My mom just had a huge wasp nest removed from her yard. 40+ queens. Deep in her aloe patch.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse