Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am HARDWELL @ bgc 11/14/15
I am tired, not hardwell. I'll post on this later.....
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
My money was on you saying you saw Uncle Al's kid doing a set in the 'Cruz last night.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
I went back for more EDM at BGC. I had several accomplices, 5 Jedi enablers, and there was only one major psych, which was out of our hands because it was too late. My only other patient interaction of note was with four asian gals in matching black lingerie. One friend was out of it. One was holding her up. One was on her cell. And the fourth, a blown-pupil Indian gal, was a nursing student who really wanted to volunteer with Rock Med. They all said it was only Cuervo, but they were all clearly rollin too. They refused treatment, but eventually wound up in RM, and the Indian gal was laid out right alongside the out-of-it gal. There was also a big crew of Irish peeps all worried about their friend who had collapsed. I had a really hard time understanding their accents over the EDM boots&pants. But other than that, the JNK wanted to play, so we ran amuck. It was mischievous fun - when there's no trouble, the jnk can always find some, or make some themselves.

The opener was Kill the Buzz. What a horrible name for an EDM dj. And he sounded like a caricature of EDM, one musical idea to work up to a mediocre bass drop. Sucked.

I am Hardwell was pretty fun. Very danceable. Great set - a wedge-shaped lighting array which jutted from the stage like the bow of a cruise ship and lots of triangular images and lasers.

I mainly went because I had the free night and our IT guy, who is into EDM and often tries to impress me with his music knowledge (not wise - he's only in his early 20s and I think he's just lookin' for the schoolin'). He gave me some decent EDM recommendations for that Halloween run, and I wanted to see if he was rollin. He was. Definitely. One of the JNK, Chris, came along for the ride, and we were on the lookout for him. I spotted him walking dazed behind me (he's 6' 3" so he stands out but I'll still credit my strength in the force as I was exactly where I needed to be all night). He said a quick 'hello' and stumbled off into the crowd, like a deer in the headlights, trying to hide his blown pupils. Oh wait, that's a terrible analogy. Deer pupils aren't blown in headlights. Not unless they're ROLLIN, which he was. So busted. We will sass him about that from now on, until he gets wise to the fact that we could empathize much better than he knows.

The audience was like 90% Asian. That was really weird for me. Never seen that before. EDM is fairly integrated with a high percentage of Asian fans, but nothing like this.
Pumpkin was performing at the Santa Cruz Music Festival.
I've never done that actually. It's a lot of bands I've never heard of. The tickets are just a little too pricey for me for that.

But great that they got a gig in the Cruz. Next time they come through, please alert me.
But I'm just going by the poster.

[Image: 12246851_931223036948364_792298555834515...e=56B4E2FC]

I only saw the post from Al's kid on Facebook on Friday. But he does play the Bay Area quite often.
This is the SCMF = <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://santacruzmusicfestival.com">http://santacruzmusicfestival.com</a><!-- m -->.

The cruzfest is different. There's a lot of music here in the Cruz. You have to be specific.
After these last four weeks with forum fighting, you don't have to tell me about being specific.