Supernatural

Guilty Pleasures:
Pawn Stars
Counting Cars
American Restoration
American Pickers

Anything with Gordon Ramsay
[Image: magpie13.gif]
With the exception of The Strain and Supernatural, I watch everyone of those shows. Plus a bunch more.

Really haven't jelled with the start of the new season because of conflicting travel schedules between tQ and I.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
...but for the sake of Ed, I'll abide.

I'm not really watching anything now beyond the late night show monologues (Fallon, Colbert, Wilmore & Noah), Castle & Quantico. Really liking Quantico, which is amusing to me because I wasn't a fan of Priyanka before - liked her in the Don flicks but never made it through Gunday or Mary Kom.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
This might be good news:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/9/9287797/black-mirror-netflix-new-episodes">http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/9/928779 ... w-episodes</a><!-- m -->

Quote:Netflix said to be producing a new series of Black Mirror

Netflix is set to produce "multiple episodes" of British dystopian sci-fi show Black Mirror, according to a report from the UK's RadioTimes. The streaming service already has the rights to the show's back catalog, with previous episodes — including a 2014 Christmas special with Mad Men star Jon Hamm — receiving plaudits from US critics. Each episode is a self-contained story looking at the harms and lures of technology, with the first series (broadcast in the UK in 2011) including an episode about the prime minister being forced to have sex with a pig on live television. To date, only seven episodes have been made.

The deal has not yet been confirmed by either Netflix or Channel 4 (which originally aired the show and is said to have a "first look deal" on new episodes), but Black Mirror would be a perfect fit for the online streaming service. Although it's not a typical binge-watching show, its timely themes and parable-like messages have made it ideal for passing around online as a demonstration of one's awareness about technology. (As The Verge's Josh Dzieza put it, the show has become "shorthand for a certain type of contemporary internet-age creepiness.") According to the RadioTames, Black Mirror's creator, Charlie Brooker, is currently writing scripts for a new series.

--tg
One of the most accurate depictions of a beginning fencing class ever for tv

[youtube]v6R8nRd2VlY[/youtube]
Wow that was so bad I may have to watch more episodes.

OMG am I agreeing with Jeb?
I thought you were done with Superhero shows. And yet . .

Oh wait, blonde actress.
...I'm holding out for a superhero that isn't a white male.
Gee, if we only hadn't seen that TV show with a non-white super hero a couple of weeks ago over in West Hollywood.

Supergirl is geared for teenage girls. There were lots of empowerment speeches. I do like the Jimmy Olson character.

I like how she learned to fight over the course of a commercial break so she could go toe to toe with the episode's big bad.

A lot to hate in this show, but a few things to like. I thought Supergirl herself was very likable and cute despite the massive divot in her forehead above her left eyebrow that make-up should have spackled over.

Probably going to watch one more episode.
But I must say that it is reaffirming that you seem to see it the same way I do. Honestly I was a little taken aback with my acceptance of it, given all of the shows gaping flaws. It must be all about the blonde. :oops:

I watched a lot of stuff for teenage girls as I'm raising one. Of course, she's left me in the dust with her anime and web shows. I just can't keep up with her anymore.
Agents of Shield
Blindspot (silly plot holes, but Jaimie looking vulnerable...)
Face Off
Dark Matter
Killjoys

Guilty:
Pawn Stars
American Pickers

Just wrapped up:
Continuum
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Homeland - still fun.
Castle - should have ended last season, but since there's one more, i'll still watch.
Quantico - i can give up any time. any time. srsly.
Star Wars Rebels - kind of losing it, but i like the new female inquisitor. needs more movie cameos.
Supergirl - why do i watch this? i think it's because i totally relate to Calista's character as a publisher, and that's really odd because i've never really liked her. i blame sailor moon.
Sailor Moon - only with T. and that's been rare. she's mostly into Once, SAO, and Carmilla.

And then there's the late night talk shows.
Speaking of losing a testicle, Amazon did a 10-part mini series of "The Man in the High Castle" and released it Thanksgiving week. If you have Amazon Prime, you can watch it for free. Produced by Ridley Scott. Production is as good as most network TV Series, although I often got the sense I was watching a scene shot on a set. Costumes are good. Newsreel footage of the effects on the Heizenberg Device on our lovely SF were interesting.

I read a lot of PKD post-college, and I'm sure I read TMitHC. I was familiar with the alternative history - what if we lost WWII premise, but I couldn't recall any of the characters or story. I binged watched it in a week. It kept my attention.

No sword fights, but Seppaku.

[youtube]hzz_6dmv03I[/youtube]

--tg
Season 2 did get picked up and they penetrated the Bamboo curtain and have a legitimate carrier for China now, so AMC's plan of attack has been successful.

I'm still hoping it gets better. But still, swordfights!

I recently binged Broadchurch with David 'Dr. Who' Tennant. I know, I know, it's old, but it was new to me. Liked it. Moody. Great cinematography.
Are the tQ and I the only ones on the iZombie bandwagon? We love this show. It's the show we watch immediately, no question.

it's funny, well written, well acted and has a pretty good cast of pretty CW people. I think it will be hard to sustain the odd zombie brain of the week formula, but I'm still buying into it.