Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naked (1993) by Mike Leigh
I checked this out of the library a couple days ago but have yet to watch it.

The Pope has given me pause.

He is calling for all Americans to avoid "a superficial quest for nudity."

Now, I can't say for certain that this movie contains nudity, but based on the title, I figure there's a good chance.

Anyway, I'll keep you up to date on whether I grow sufficient cojones to proceed.
I'm nobody's pony.
Oops.

Okay, so I misquoted him slightly. What the Pope actually said was that Americans should avoid "a superficial quest for unity."

Not entirely certain what means. Probably that people should stop being such narrow-minded bigots believing that theirs is the only highway and that anyone disagreeing with them is pure evil. Though I wasn't aware our fine country had any people like that.

Anyway, I believe that puts me in the clear for an unblindered viewing of Naked.
I'm nobody's pony.
Please don't tell DM I misread the Pope's quote.

As his copy-editor, I'm supposed to have the eyes of a hawk and the talons of a butcher.
I'm nobody's pony.
I'm pretty sure DM only posts, never reads.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
i just don't read your posts because i'm not paid to do so. once you're paid to read, you don't have to read what you're not paid to read. it's like prostitutes and sex. okay, wait, bad analogy. like chefs and food. no, no that doesn't work either.

but see? i read your post or i wouldn't have answered so. cuz your posts are special. i like you.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse