Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casting By
Do you want to learn all about the rise of the Casting Directors, specifically Marion Dougherty, in motion pictures and television? I didn't think so.

But I was kind of curious so I watched this. It is a great primer on how a lot of actors in the sixties and seventies got there starts and it's mostly due to Dougherty. They interview plenty of actors and Marion herself and they talk about what roll the casting director plays in a movie. It seemed to come down to Marion saying this person would be good for the part and then getting the part.

The villain of the piece is director Taylor Hackford. He goes on the record several times saying casting directors shouldn't be able to use the word director in their titles. He also doesn't think they should have an academy award.

Basically it's a lot of your favorite actors when they were really young. I think Dougherty had her in hand in getting every big actor of the seventies there start.

You're going to really have to like movies and the minutiae of movie making to rent this sucker.

Yes, tQ is out of town. She would have put a bullet in my head if I made her sit through this, Mr. Turner, and Dark Star.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit