Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Umphree's Magee @ Fillmore 4/14/6
The highlight of my evening was seeing some episodes of the Sopranos that someone burned to DVD of their Tivo. Believe it or not, that was the first time I'd watched that show and it was amusing. The other highlight was these lovely artichokes they served for staff din-din, boiled in red pepper, course ground pepper and garlic with a scrumptious mayo-based sauce.

I like UM - they're a young hippie jam band, so young that their hippie fans don't even stink yet. They follow the Dead formula - 2 drummers, keys, rhythm, bass and lead. They really impressed me opening for Phil last year, and I liked what little I heard at Vegoose over Halloween, but this show was towards the end of the tour and they were clearly burnt out. The tour manager asked us for meds at the beginning of the show - always a bad sign. The show started late - 9:20 or so - and I abandoned it at around 12:30. they probably went until 1AM or more. Like any jam band, they can have a bad night, and Good Friday was surely one of them... Sad
Shadow boxing the apocalypse