Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Night of Body’s Model (aka Night of the Anatomical Doll -- 1996) by Hisayasu Satô
Based on the subtitles (of which there were none), a young woman moves into a new apartment to start a new life. Insensitive to the plight of all Californians, she takes an inordinate number of baths. She does other things in the movie too, but frankly I don’t recall anything but the baths. Meanwhile, her next-door neighbor is ever pushing the envelope on his eavesdropping skills, quickly advancing from a mere drinking glass held against the wall to a sophisticated network of suction cups, all wired to a big control panel where he sits wearing headphones. With this set-up, he can hear her licking her lips.

Elsewhere, two men continually walk about. One is of average build; the other, tall and gangly, with an artificial hand. The hand is only two-thirds normal size, which is downright creepy. He is always reaching up with it to scratch his chin or pat his buddy on the shoulder. Occasionally this odd couple enters a laboratory where they monitor progress on the making of artificial limbs.

Appearing in the background of a lot of scenes is the “body model” of the title, a full-sized anatomical male figure, one-half showing musculature, the other half skeletal details, or in places it’s organs on one side, connective tissue on the other -- none of which I have in me, by the way, because I’m special.

The woman who takes baths starts to have strange dreams where the water turns to blood, or organs start plopping down on her as she’s bathing. At one point she imagines all those suction cups affixed all over her body, with wires trailing away. At other times she dreams of having weird sex with her neighbor. Everyone starts having weird dream sequences. The woman starts having problems with her garbage disposal, which is symbolic of something. Meanwhile, back in odd couple land, sometimes the average guy will play with himself using an artificial limb, running it under his shirt and even dipping it down into his pants. At other times he goes totally transvestite. There is also a blur monster that attaches itself to copulating people. Fortunately, it doesn’t care about general nudity or I would have tuned out early, never to return.

I won’t give away the ending, because frankly I couldn’t follow what happened. But I did watch the whole thing -- even without subtitles.
I'm nobody's pony.