Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saratoga August 2015
I'm coming up. I am now on the monthly visit plan to check on the parents. Which is a good thing, since a week ago my mother went to the Emergency Room again. She had forgotten to take two of here meds for a couple of months.

Good times. Breakfast in the City on Sunday.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Lunch at TC? DOOM gathering? Will you have time? For you shall surely need the break....
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Just set a new speed record on the length of time between arrival and being driven from the house by my mother. I am way out of practice with dealing with her shenanigans. Oh wait, I've never been able to deal with her shenanigans.
Place your bets now on when Greg gets kicked out of the house.

For Friday, I could to a vocations meeting at the Church followed by a mass and a light lunch.

On Saturday, I could go to a Democratic fundraiser complete with Luau.

Sunday offers me the chance to go to a celebration of life ceremony to a deceased fellow teacher.

My mother doesn't understand why I opted out of all these fun activities. She also made the statement that it is sad I am no longer interested in things. Especially because I used to be interested in all kinds of things.
You might ask her if there'll be any crazy nekkid X supermodel gals at those events.

That would be a game-changer in my book.
I'm nobody's pony.
I'll get on that. Maybe you could come as my plus-one?
Hope you trip was a success?
We have reached that point in the weekend where my mother is demanding that my father get me to apologize to my mother for disrespecting her.

I can't wait for our trip to Washington, DC in September.
So it was a success. :?
Good times.
Sure would be nice for the heat to drop a bit so I can get out of the house on a walk before the fell creature returns.
And my hood lost power hours ago. PG&E are outside looking at our power pole as if just standing there will help. I'm struggling to keep our Pom cool. He freaked out last night, barking and running around. Stacy took him to the vet this morning because he was acting so strangely. They couldn't find anything and gave us some doggy Xanax. I just bought a nice little mini fan but it's useless without power.

Hopefully the heat will break soon.
This afternoon, the fan on our gas wall heater turned on.

I mean, that only happens in winter when we've turned on the heat. Even then, the gas burner must warm the heat elements for some ten minutes before the fan comes on to distribute the heat.

I had to manually turn off the fan.

Our outdoor thermometer was showing 94 degrees.
I'm nobody's pony.