Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Search for General Tso (2015)
It's the history of Chinese food in America built against the back drop of the search for the originator of the very popular dish General Tso's Chicken.

I'm DM thinking pretty much knows everything that is going to happen in this movie. First big non-shocker, the Chinese Food we eat in the US is nothing like the food they eat in China. But it was fun seeing the spread of Chinese food across america. I didn't realize there were anti-chinese laws and the only jobs they could get were food workers and laundry workers. Lots of fun facts. But not a deeply engrossing story.

They eventually do point out there actually was a General Tso. They did point to where this dish originated. There was a bit of a kerfuffle when the originator and another restaurant were making the same dish. Plus, the original dish is nothing like the way the dish is eaten today. Oops, spoiler.

Unless you love General Tso's chicken and burn with a need to know it's origin, I'm thinking you can give this a miss.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
This is in my queue. But thanks to your review, it's on the bottom now
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
The Queen was out of town.
Greg Wrote:The Queen was out of town.

most of us run amuck when the cats away.

of course, my cat is dead. Cry
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
That was me running amuck.

I have plenty of loaner cats.
Greg Wrote:I have plenty of loaner cats.

Oooh, we should send Mycroft to Gene!
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.