Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antman
Since I am young and hip and wasn't at that Sherlock film with the other oldy oldsters, I was with the hip kids at Ant Man. (Ed Note: Really want to see Mr. Holmes)

If you've seen the trailer, you've seen the movie. It's a perfectly serviceable Marvel super hero movie. Hits all the beats of a Marvel film. I don't think I was surprised by anything in the movie. Except for the fact that was Evangeline Lilly in the atrocious wig.

But the stunts were amazing. The final battle was great fun. The odd sidekicks were very amusing.

See it. No sword fights but good battles.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
ouch.
Icon_anal
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
It was supposed to read I am not young and will probably need a new hip.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Just saw this again on DVD. I think I enjoyed it much better the second time around. It's a small film in the Marvel Universe, but very good. The fights were really well done and inventive.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I finally saw this.  It feels really dated now for the MCU.  The effects, the humor, the pacing, it just didn't live up to what the MCU is putting out now.  It was very predictable.  I don't remember the trailer, but I imagine Greg is spot on with his comment.  

I don't care for Rudd.  I don't know why.  Douglas, man, every time I see him I think of that scene in Romancing the Stone where he inhales from that pot bonfire.  He wasn't acting.  No way is he that good of an actor.  And Evangeline, well, it was hard to see her past her elfin eternal beauty and with a bad hairdo, plus I was annoyed by the kiss.  

But I did watch it all the way through.  Agree with Greg - a lesser MCU installment, almost completely negligible.
I liked this one. A lot of low-key humor and the sidekicks (and their communication methods) were hilarious. Michael Pena is such a good actor. I've liked him in everything I've seen him in.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Rewatched just now in preparation for a screener that I do plan on attending in two weeks and like Greg, I enjoyed it much more the second time. Honestly, I didn’t remember much of the details so it seemed kinda fresh. It was interesting to see it now in context of where the MCU has gone, especially with the Falcon who battle Ant-man in a random plot tangent where he must steal something for the avengers but it’s really just an excuse to have a superhero fight. 

The ant perspective made for a lot of extreme close ups which started to bug me (no pun intended). I’m still not a Rudd fan so seeing his face so big was annoying. Evangeline’s extreme close ups worked ok. 

The Stan Lee cameo was poignant now that he’s gone.