Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oaxaca
Been up since 3am. This is one of many sleepless summer nights this year. On Saturday, our daughter leaves for a 7 week Spanish immersion program in Oaxaca. It's the longest she's ever been away, and although she'll be with a good program, she'll be on her own. I'm trying not to freak out, but I'm still tweaking with the late night brain circus
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
You are screwed.

How many sappy pop songs do you have to hear before you learn not to give your heart away?
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Part and parcel of parenting
I'm sure she will be fine. This is good practice for both of you. You and Stacy have done really good on the Parenting Front. Enjoy your break! You've earned it!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I haven't really slept in three days. Been living on reds, vitamin C and cocaine. No wait, those are Grateful Dead lyrics. Been living on nachos and coca cola.

Tara leaves in less than 24 hours... Eek
Everything is going to be all right.

(Spoken like a man who does not have children)
We leave tomorrow at 5 am for SFO. T is FaceTiming with a friend. S went to sleep in preparation for the early morning. I'm surfing the web on my iPhone and debating about watching a martial arts film. I heard iTunes scored some more classic Shaw brother flix and have a dvd screener of the new jcvd flik. Also picking burs off the Pom (not a metaphor but it should be).

I should sleep but my brain circus is too loud
TSA only allows one parent past the check point so S is taking her. I won't see her again until after RotR
She emailed and said she was already homesick. I think she's just exhausted from travel. Tomorrow she sees the pyramids so she'll get inspired.
You get any sleep yet? Did you rent out her room on AirBnB?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
We were up all night chatting via Skype.

No, I have not got much sleep. I suspect I won't get much sleep all summer. That's somewhat par for the course for me, but this year seems worse.
By the end of the trip, she's not going to want to come home. You will be forced to go down and get her.
...but i truly hope she can adjust soon.

thank goodness for skype.
What's the update?
The first session ends on the 4th, so the other high school students will leave and a new session comes in (she signed up for two sessions). The next session is bigger - 10 high schoolers compared to 4 now. She's looking forward to being the 'experienced' one.

She's loving the abundance of Oaxacan chocolate and fresh mangos. And she says she's starting to think in Spanish. I actually haven't spoken to her since last Thursday; my mom and I skyped her and she looked much more at ease.