Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wishful Drinking
I think everyone in DOOM crushed on Princess Leia as a teen. In fact, that should be a prerequisite for membership.

This is Carrie Fisher's one-woman tell-all show, based on her autobiographical writings. I must say that I was far more amused by it than I thought it would be. She has certainly lived an interesting life. Her parents' tale is hilarious. Her life with Paul Simon was revealing. Her bouts with alcoholism, drug addiction and mental illness were surprisingly honest. And I confess, I luv it when she cusses. That's probably some kinky Princess Leia fantasy throwback. The Star Wars portion is rather small, but definitely the most entertaining. Honestly, she could do a whole show about that. In the end, I found myself having a lot more respect for Carrie. And I'm still kinda crushing on Leia.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
My teenage crushes were Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman) and Genevieve Bujold (King of Hearts). Carrie Fisher never struck me as an object of desire in the Star Wars universe. I guess cinnamon-roll hairdos aren't my thing.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Ah yes, Lynda...<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://brotherhoodofdoom.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2926">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2926</a><!-- l -->
Shadow boxing the apocalypse