Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heroes Shed No Tears (1980)
Wuxia at its Shaw Bro finest. This film is over the top for so many reasons: the soundtrack, the costumes (pink and pastel purple?), the convoluted plot, the wacky weapons (box 'o , the sets and decor, the Bollywood dance, the leg-chop Eek, sword fights, Sword Fights, SWORD FIGHTS! Highly recommended for anyone who has never really tasted Shaw Bro wuxia.

I realize now why my hairstyle is so f-ed up. I just saw Jenn last week because my wife decided I needed a trim prior to a Job Fair talk I gave at my cub's school. My hair was getting really out of control. Now that it's cut, it's still out of control. :? I blame the lasting impression that goofy Shaw Bro hairstyles had on me as a child.

For years, I used to confuse this film with Legendary Weapons of China. I think I must have originally saw these two films together at a double feature in Chinatown and just scrambled the memories over the years. This is not to be confused with the John Woo '86 drug war flick of the same title.

RIDE WITH EL REY!
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I've noticed this in the Chinese stacks at the library time and again, and each time I vacillated. I mean, surely I've seen it before. Then again, I'm not certain. Now that you point out that there's a Woo movie by the same name, that must be part of my confusion.

Just checked online to confirm it. Yes, it's the Shaw Brothers one that the library has.

The best way to resolve my uncertainty is just to get and watch it. From what you say, it bears revisiting every decade or so.
I'm nobody's pony.
Just got back from the library, more confused than ever. I got it in my head the title was, As Tears Go By, and of course the DVD just didn't look right. Guess I should have written down the title. Heroes Shed No Tears. Gotcha for next time.

Too many bloody Asian movies with "tears" in the title. Tears of the Black Tiger (Thai), Tears in Heaven (Korean), Tears (Korean), No Tears for the Dead (Korean), The Allure of Tears (Hong Kong).

Half the time I'm walking through puddles in the library....

Yeah, I know. Cry me a Yellow River.
I'm nobody's pony.