Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faith No More @ The Warfield 04/20/15
I'm not a huge Faith No More Fan. That artsy noise metal crap never pushed my buttons, but Dee Dee likes them so I jumped on the pre-sale. My jump was thwarted by scalper-bots and the best I could get was upper-right balcony nosebleeds that put my size 38" waist in size 36" seats with the hanging amp stacks blocking the view of right stage.

Opening was Frightwig, a classic 80s/90s SF all-female punk band. They were really fun, topical, political and entertaining, culminating in an epic 'Punk Rock Jailbait' performance that required a guest drummer and a unicorn. I was satisfied with the ticket price after their performance.

Faith No More performed on a stage dressed in white sheets and flower bouquets. The band wore white suits (except for the Gimp) and played the 2 songs I knew (Epic, Mid-Life Crisis) along with a bunch of screaming noise.

I had fun (outside of the wooden waist restraints) but vow never to buy upper-balcony seats at the Warfield ever. Ever.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
A unicorn? I thought you were off the 4/20 wagon. :weedman:

This was the 1st 4/20 in years that DM has been sober through all day. There were plenty of offers - enablers texting meet ups to celebrate. Dm even got a brownie presented to him covertly at one point during the day. But it was the day before Kung Fu practice and now that Dm is past 50, he endeavors to stay clean for at least 24 hours prior to practice.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Who are you and how can you be posting with DM's handle?
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
There comes a time when sobriety is kinda trippy. :?
Way ahead of you.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
I had the exact same experience 5 years ago. Although, they might have been wearing different outfits...and there might have been a different opener...and I didn't go with Dee Dee.

But apart with that, it was the same experience.

I think the presale is a scam. After I bought might special pre-sale tix, they added two additional shows. lame...

Mike Patton is not God...

[youtube]CGex5VZB7T4[/youtube]

--tg
Greg Wrote:Way ahead of you.
behind me, more like. and i don't trust you back there either. :butthead: