Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gone Girl
What is it about David Fincher that makes film critics luv him so? He always does films about sociopaths and usually has some ultravi sex scene, but most of the time it's a brooding exercise in storytelling. Sure, sure, Fight Club, Se7en, great films - the remake of Dragon Tattoo, well, it was just a remake which I liked at first but then decided later it was just a remake, and Social Network, I just watched that to see the credits ;-).

Rosamund Pike is up for an Oscar for this. Yea, she's really good in it and reminded me a lot of Emily VanCamp in Revenge. But the film is ruined by Ben Asschin. He's terrible. I'm still mad at him for ruining Jennifer Garner. This is a long film, longer than it needs to be, and the first few plot twists are very predictable. Maybe the rest were too, but I got tired of working at it. It's not a bad film, enjoyable even, except for the fact that Asschin has way too much screentime. It should have all been about Rosamund.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I likewise can never forgive Ben Asschin for what he did to Jennifer Garner with his clumsy dance moves.
[Image: garner.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=550%2C435]

And that's ignoring what he did to poor Halle Berry.
[Image: halleberry.jpg]

Nor has he targeted only women. Poor Hrithik Roshan after Ben's magic handshake.
[Image: hrithik-roshan-double-thumbs-open-hands.jpg]

Someone needs to stop Ben Asschin -- and now!
I'm nobody's pony.
I was going to make some sort of foot fetish comment, but you've blocked that with Hrithik.
Just read the book. It has more impact. Maybe the twist works in the movie if you haven't read the book? Could be. I just couldn't move pas the fact I don't think Ben Affleck is a very good actor. He can't even play Ben Affleck very well, which is a character I do not like.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://brotherhoodofdoom.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3387">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3387</a><!-- l -->
Oh, yeah . . . .

Cut me some slack. I've been up since 3am
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
I liked the story twists, but got zero emotional interest.

Rich white people with rich white people problems.

Maybe I should read the book.
[Image: magpie13.gif]