Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DG2006 2.0
So, in the middle of the DG2006 1.0, when ED cut out, he vowed to have CF (et.al.) over for a future DOOM gathering with the alterior motive of ripping CF's collection of warped Asian DVDs. That sounds like a party to me. I could probably get THE MYTH back by then. Otherwise, I don't really have anything, but it sounds like ED & CF have plenty up their sleeves. Are we ready for another DG?

I'd invite y'all over here but DGs just are child friendly. Besides, my cathode altar is quite primative, far beneath y'all's standards...
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Meanwhile, I'm still trying to grok the cathode altar.
I'm nobody's pony.
the great glowing altar that tells all. I remembe when mine was big at 27 inches.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
The DVD that I've been working on as a backburner project for the last year is now ready. Half of it is a documentary-ish montage of spliced footage of the 1st World Traditional Wushu Festival held in China at Shaolin that I went to in 2004. The second part is all old masters doing weird solo forms and exotic weapons forms. Jennifer Bailey narrated it for me. The project didn't come out at all how I had anticipated, but that's often the way of things.

Shaolin Trips: 1st World Traditional Wushu Festival
My schedule is completely packed through Oct and a little bird told me that CF will be out of the country for most of Oct anyway. Ok, that was no little bird. Wait, how big a bird is a cranefly?

I doubt I'll make the Kedding. So will it be Greg's 11/25 next?

The more I think about it, the more I think you'd all enjoy Born to Fight or Casshern. Then again, I'm sure CF and ED are locked and loaded, given so many months...
Well, ED wasn't loaded unless you count the weird pelvic thrusting bears. CF was the loaded one. Casshern was vetoed since ED thought it was too much of a downer so that's off DM's list (topless nuns whipping each other and screwing their fathers on the xmas anniversary of their mother's death is far more cheery). Born to Fight has been returned, and DM can dredge up the Myth, although it's very longwinded and self-indulgent in a Jackie Chan sort of way. DM is thinking just skipping to fight scenes might work well, sort of like Aphex twin vids. Next time, brothers, next time.
Okay, so, I'd never heard of aphex twin before. In fact, I didn't know who I was watching during the gettogether. But later, while doing image searches on the web (of rhododendrums, or something like that, yeah), I saw an image from one of the videos. aphex twin indeed. I rewatched windowlicker on the web (not very good quality), then had lady cranefly watch it. She was totally disgusted by the opening, kept wanting to walk away; but I insisted there was redeeming social value. When it turned weird, she took notice. Later, we looked up aphex twin on wikipedia. A wonderfully eccentric dude. Why didn't I encounter him before?

As for the kid with the broken hand in one clip at ED's place, who was he? This wasn't aphex twin; it was something else. Should I know this kid or about what happened to him?

--cranefly
I'm nobody's pony.
In the interests of keeping movie-induced traumas from scabbing over, let's have a little flashback to the nun story!

http://www.jesuspan.com/

--cranefly

P.S. Lady Cranefly found it, not me.
I'm nobody's pony.
Williams of Sonoma has a similar product that burns images into toast. It includes one for the virgin mary. Toast suitable for selling on ebay.

[Image: breakfast-art-image-toaster.png]
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit