Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jury Duty
Just remember if you get empaneled to tell the judge, you can determine people's guilt just by looking at them. Or that the police wouldn't arrest people if they weren't guilty.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I’m outside the jury assembly room now, on a nice sunny bench overlooking the good ol San Lorenzo. My move to grab parking around the lunch break was successful. 

Spent some time downtown renewing my library card and window shopping for gifts for Stacy next week. 

I should go in and report soon but it’s nice here.

I’m in the waiting area which is slowly and steadily filling up. I am checked in and positioned strategically in the back with my nose in a book. Well, not right now obvs, I’m on my phone like almost everyone else here. Only see 3 other peeps with physical books. Maybe 3 dozen peeps here. Maybe more.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I am outside our courtroom, waiting to be called in.
I think the pupuseria is still across the street, next to the Jury Room bar. I think they have some veg options. 

--tg
I should check that out. I see it all the time. It's good, huh?

Well, after a day of hanging out with Cruzian strangers, I'm still not dismissed. They had us all answer a long questionaire or plead hardship. I didn't quite qualify for hardship. We reconvene next Tuesday unless they find grounds to dismiss us in our questionaire. 

It's a big case. Not supposed to talk about it. It'll take weeks.
I didn’t ask for a deferment but something I must’ve said on that questionnaire made them give me one. Essentially I’m back to step 1 and must report on Monday. Bother.
Headed into the jury assembly room now. 

I should’ve taken an edible of two…
Sei Brav!

They are thinking of you over on Threads.

Quote:jury duty is a wild concept. whenever the government wants, they can just be like 'call off work bestie, we need you to solve a murder here's fifteen dollars.'

The dude next to me reeks of tobacco. Looks like it’s going to be a full house. The room seats 100 and it’s filling up quickly.
Good times. What happens if you are still on jury duty on Friday?

Excused due to cause. Treating myself to some poke downtown then headed back to the bungalow to let Yuki out
(04-29-2024, 08:55 AM)Greg Wrote: What happens if you are still on jury duty on Friday?

If that had happened, I would've had to leave the load-in for a few hours to attend, and then come back later. But it didn't.

In retrospect, it was weird for me to have to say my name and then designate my pronouns. I've never had to designate my pronouns before...