Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie Trailers
Okay, so this isn't a movie trailer; it's a list of 2016 summer blockbusters I grabbed from 366weirdmovies.com.

No, they're not weird.  In fact, the general consensus is that this is going to be a very grim summer.

The site has capsule descriptions of each of these projects, further enforcing their likely dismal nature.

Captain America: Civil War
Friday the 13th
Alice Through The Looking Glass
X-MEN Apocalypse
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
Now You See Me 2
Independence Day 2
The Legend Of Tarzan
Star Trek 3
Ghostbusters
Power Rangers
Suicide Squad
I'm nobody's pony.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Jet says this will be his final film.  He's said that before though...

Dang!  Some of this looks really cool.
But some of it looks really cheesy.
Welcome to Chollywood.

P.S. I didn't see Jet on the first peruse.  Will look again later.
I'm nobody's pony.
That looks horrible. And by horrible, I mean horrible.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Here you can see jet. He's flagged.

This is based on a major Chinese legend. The baby is Nezha, a good friend scholar from Israel devoted his most recent book to Nezha - he's a really odd God.

I imagine this looks to you a lot like the avengers trailer looks like to the Chinese. Or maybe you're just upset because it's all cgi - no sets.

This is getting a global release. It's gonna be great in 3D IMAX.

--tg

And Sherlock season 4 is coming!
I like this better than Rhi Rhi's Star Trek Sledgehammer. 

But that's not saying much.

I'm very excited for this.

Oh, sure.  Why not...
I'm nobody's pony.
DM, clicking on that gets, "This video is private" and won't play.

Must be one hackneyed piece of crap movie, unlike the high-quality ones I ferret out.
And I mean ferret.
I'm nobody's pony.
From Jack Tu.  Looks as bad as Mojin (http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...p?tid=3789).  Maybe worse.  

I don't quite understand why China is so fascinated by Tomb Raiders.  I'm now wondering if Raiders of the Lost Ark was ever shown in PRC theatrically.  Tomb Raider maybe.  There's a bit of a winning-the-lottery thing with China - some farmers that have dug up relics and then turned them over to the government are celebrated as heroes and get taken care of for the rest of their lives.  The farmers that found the Terracotta Warriors in Xian now serve as tourist attractions.  They are posted at the site for photos and get a government stipend for that.  They're old now (heck they might be dead, it was 99 when I was in Xian).  They just sat in a pleasant little booth and came out when people asked to take photos with them.  

Btw, Time Raiders just broke the box in China. Most of the PRC box office blockbusters have sucked lately. I must see it regardless and will let y'all know as it is my DOOM duty.

--tg