Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014-2015 TV Season
British women make jam. A guy eats some bad fish and gets sick. Most boring PBS show ever. So boring that Stacy bailed.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Mr. Robot

I'm just going to start putting the title at the start of the post.

I hate this show. Stupid cliff hanger made me angry.

When does it come back? I can't wait.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

OK, what I'm watching now.  Well, not much really.  Several of my shows ended.

The Homeland season finale was anticlimactic but I'm still hooked.

The final season of Downton Abbey has been enjoyable just because the characters are so beloved.  Still watching and will watch it to the end.  

Star Wars Rebels had a cameo from Princess Leia that didn't work for me.  The character only marginally looked like Leia and wasn't voiced by Fisher.  When Lando had a cameo, it was voiced by Williams.  The other cameos so far from the movies have been Darth, Tarkin, R2D2, C3PO, Leia's adopted Dad Mr. Organa (can't remember his full name and ain't about to look it up just now).  

Tara is too busy being a teenager to watch Sailor Moon with her pops anymore.  

Sherlock was amusing.  Greg had a nice review of it earlier that was lost in the great forum crash of 2016.  I agreed with it for the most part (at least what I can remember of it, which isn't much) although I think I wound up liking it a lot more than Greg.  I have a much higher tolerance for 'dumb'.  Heck I luv Kung Fu flicks and Bollywood, where dumb lives.    

Shoot, what else am I watching now?
Not lost so much as hiding here: Greg's Post on Sherlock
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Ah, I see it now.  Weird how everything got shuffled about.  And the mini to macro shift for our spoilers font size is kind of funny.
(07-09-2015, 03:13 PM)King Bob Wrote: I've been watching Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell and it's good. Nice atmosphere and the special effects are much better now than BBC always used to be. I do think I'll need to read the book to get the whole thing though; a few things seem arbitrary and characters/motivations uncertain.

That's about the only new series I'm watching. I was very sorry that BBC didn't renew Copper. I often watch old stuff on TCM - we only have basic cable because we are skinflints.

Dammit Bob. This just came up on Netflix. I started watching the first one out of curiosity and am stuck in a binge. I'm over halfway through already and I really need to get some sleep tonight. 

Maybe just one more episode...
Saved by an appletv crash. I was referring of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell above, not Copper. I'll finish it later perhaps.
thanks for the recommendation on Strange & Norrell Bob. I binged it all. Never would have given that a chance had you not mentioned it here. It was like Harry Potter meets Jane Austen via Alice Theought the Looking Glass. Amusing and just the right medicine to get me Theought detoxing off Lipitor.