Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014-2015 TV Season
Didn't see Hustle and Flow either but have been thinking I should as others have made similar comments to what you just said.

Never tuned into Sleepy Hollow. Been thinking about Brooklyn 99...it's funny, is it? Trying not to get hooked to another show. My main comedy shows now are It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Big Bang Theory, but I only watch IASiP regularly. BBT seems to be on all the time, so it's good filler during commercial breaks.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Better Call Saul

I like it. Probably would like it more if I had seen more than three episodes of Breaking Bad. It's the story of the rise of Saul Goodman. They tell fine stories. Very engaging. Very well done. I will keep watching.

iZombie. It was fun and light. One reviewer said it would be Veronica Mars if Mars were a zombie. A very likable personable zombie. the tie in to Veronica Mars is apt since they both have the same show runners.

In iZombie, the lead girl goes to a party and gets bit by some people who have taken a drug which makes them zombies. But she becomes the best kind of zombie. She talks. She's funny. Still good looking with the odd goth look. The only thing that motivates her is she now solves crimes.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Season 1, ep 4. It was a little stereotypical with the Asian gang member knowing Kung Fu, but kind of funny. A tad too comic booky for me. I'm over comic book superheroes and zombies so I don't think I stay tuned in. The lead gal is funny - very cute - she reminds me a lot of close RM friend of mine, disturbingly so, actually.
I thought of you during the Kung Fu episode. I'm staying with it. Someone has pointed out, if you watched Veronica Mars, you'll like this, since it is basically Veronica Mars as a Zombie.
Are Revenge and Castle ending? The trend seems very final. Dang, what will I watch? Don't say anything Marvel...

The last Revenge was like an entire series review, only the best parts, the ninja parts, weren't included.
FYI: Fillion has signed up for an eighth season of Castle, but the Showrunner is departing.
...it's all about Stana. The show should really be called Beckett. Or maybe Nikki Heat.
The finale was good overall. A happily ever after sort of ending. Revenge now sits alongside Alias for me - great femme fatale shows that I can't really explain to anyone who didn't engage it. The first 2 seasons of Revenge were the best because that's when the ninja story line was the most pronounced. That really faded later, as if the writers wanted to deny it. I will miss Revenge the most of all the shows that are having finales lately, but it had run its course. It was time. Alias went one season too many.
This BBC series looks promising. Caught the pilot last night on On Demand. Napoleonic England. A couple of magic enthusiasts wondering where did the magic go and could it be used in the war effort. Decent acting and no commercials. (No sword fights in episode one)

[youtube]iE1nsOoTJos[/youtube]

--tg
Stacy is really into PBS. She's really excited about the new Poldark. She was very into Wolf Hall and tried to get me into it. Now, I really like Damian Lewis and thought he was superb as King Henry, but I couldn't make it through a single episode. Put me to sleep every time. I don't know why. I was liking it. Something about the pacing, the dark, almost Rembrandt-like composition of the scenes, the lack of soundtrack music. I always fell asleep. Every. Frackin. Episode. As an appetizer for Poldark, S has been rewatching Upstairs Downstairs, the new version they did a few years ago (totally pales to Downton Abbey though). I tried to watch on ep. zzzzzzzzzzz. WTH?!?
You'se old.
zzzzzzzzzzsnort - huh? what? What'd I miss?
Probably iZombie. That show rocks.
Marvel : Agents of Shield

Has been very uneven soap-opera/feelings etc. story, but the finale hit it out of the park. Tying up the Edward James Olmos and Kyle MacLachlan storylines then throwing a last second cliffhanger into the mix was brilliant.

Will watch next season.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Marvel: Agents: I have been liking it a lot. Characters actually evolving. Good people making bad decisions, bad people making good decisions, and the consequences.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.