Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castle
...but an ep without Beckett? Now what's the point of that?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Hot daughter?

I just saw the prison experiment episode. Do they put the gaping plot holes and miscarriages of logic just to make me yell at the TV screen?

Castle is still likable, but the plots are getting very whacky. When do we meet the alien is my big question? Or are they going to bring in a toddler to round out the cast?
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Divinity channel runs back to back Castle eps with only one long commercial break per episode. They don't have a break between eps and no opening title so it's hard not to binge. Javi has a strong 'th' lisp and Alexis has a voice like an anime chick.

It's a few hours to nye here in Sevilla - not sure where we'll be for midnite. Here's hoping for the best for DOOM in 2016!
Okay. tQ and I caught an episode from two weeks ago on the DVR as we plow through the old shows. It was the one where Castle is at a dinner party and stumbles upon the one woman killing another woman. It was all pretty straight forward. Castle gets to testify. He figures out the wrong woman is on trial. They solve the case.

Anyway the attorney for the defendant is a suspect in Becketts back story. And all kept thinking was what the hell was that back story again. I'm thinking the season is too long and these arc mysteries go on for way too long. Still don't have a satisfactory answer for Castle's missing eight weeks which also reared it's ugly head on last night's episode.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

It's all about the loksat story arc, which is dumb. It distracts from the regular episodes and hasn't really gone anywhere. 

Yeah, I'm still watching too but it's feeling tired. I'm still kinda bummed that Beckett hooked up with Castle.
Just when I'm ready to forsake the series, an ep directed by Jessica Yu. She used to kick my ass on the piste.  Dodgy
(02-25-2016, 12:38 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Just when I'm ready to forsake the series, an ep directed by Jessica Yu. She used to kick my ass on the piste.  Dodgy

...And looked hot while she did it. Makes a national team, wins an Oscar, directs an episode of Castle...Ultimate woman?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Also best Oscar quote ever.

"My dress costs more than the budget of my film"

Too bad it was a dumb ep. It started out interesting, reminiscent of that great Twilight Zone ep '5 characters in search of an exit'. But then it was scrambling for resolution by the end. I re-watched the tiger ep last night with my mom and it too was similar, but stronger than this recent one in terms of story. The fault was more in the script, not Ms Yu's directing.

We post here at funny hours.
Overheard at the DM bungalow:

DM "What another episode without Beckett?"

Ms. DM "Well, it is called 'Castle' not 'Beckett'."

<DM mutters something under his breath like 'well, i'd totally watch that over this.'>

DM "They better solve this dumb Loksat thing soon.  It's really getting in the way of the story."
I'm done after this.

http://deadline.com/2016/04/castle-stana...201739022/

Sad
Dammit. That finale was even more unsatisfactory than the Good Wife.  And they never did really explain Castle's disappearance.  Angry
(05-04-2015, 02:31 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: My latest binge series has been BBC's Death in Paradise, which relies heavily on the Castle formula, arguably more so than the Mentalist did.  The first two seasons are on Netflix.

I poked back into Death in Paradise because Season 7 said 'new eps' on Netflix.  And there's a new detective.  DI Humphrey decided to stay with his love in London in a two-part transitional episode in Season 6, and now DI Mooney steps into the lead.  Frankly, the show lost it for me when Camille exited at the end of Season 4.  Mooney has a t'ick Irish lilt and is funnier than Humphrey, who was a bit of a lost soul.  I suppose it's sweet that they wrote him out finding love in the end, because his crushes on Camille and Florence was a bit icky.  I kind of wish they wrote him out like they wrote out the original DI Poole at the beginning of Season 3 because that was awesome.  

The series has become more formulaic than ever but there seems to be more reggae in the soundtrack and the settings are more beautiful.  The Saint Marie patois no longer works for me anymore.  I'm not planning to watch more of this really.  It was just an excuse to ttt this old thread.
Hey! I started watching Death in Paradise completely as a coincidence. I saw the first two episodes and they were horrible. How many cliches can you put in an hour? Turns out a lot.

Plus, the whole lets stand around while the detective tells us how it was done drove me nuts.

(08-31-2018, 10:34 AM)Greg Wrote: Hey! I started watching Death in Paradise completely as a coincidence. 

I know. That's why I brought it up.

The whole genre of murder mysteries and police procedurals are just a pastiche of cliches.  It's really just about the hottie partner with these now.  And Camille was cool.

[Image: tumblr_mi84kmWIfU1qj6kc8o3_r1_250.gif]