Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bay Area Christmas 2014
I just spent five frustrated minutes looking for it there. :finga:

DEC 26 - what time are we starting exactly?

Looks like I'll be coming from the Cruz side after all. Our office is closing. tg - if you want to carpool, hit me up. Hopefully you'll be up for driving as I drive HWY17 way too much nowadays. Wink
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Can we move this to the DOOM Gatherings thread? I'm OCD.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Because when the thread started it was just to say I was going to be in the Bay Area. then you lot got carried away with your party planning shenanigans. Blame yourselves for your memory loss and your OCD and oh look shiny.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
DM inquired about a starting time.
Let's say 6 pm, just to put something out there.
If anyone would prefer coming earlier, by all means, just let us know.

Oh, the location, for those who might have forgotten. We're the last house on the left.

Oh, all right....

1180 Burgoyne St.
Mountain View CA 94043

cranefly cell: 650-208-0546
I'm nobody's pony.
Drunk Monk Wrote:I just spent five frustrated minutes looking for it there. :finga:

DEC 26 - what time are we starting exactly?

Looks like I'll be coming from the Cruz side after all. Our office is closing. tg - if you want to carpool, hit me up. Hopefully you'll be up for driving as I drive HWY17 way too much nowadays. Wink

I have to check with the SO, but I think I'm up for it and I can drive. Let me get back to you. If it's not raining, we can take the cycle for extra fun! (I kid. the choke cable is stuck right now).

--tg
TG: That just makes the ride that much faster.

As I suspected, I'll be teaching until 8:30pm that night, so y'all have fun. I have been resupplied with some good Scotch at the shop (and have a host of drinkable-but-lesser Scotches, too) so if you want to catch me earlier, I'll be there until 4:30.

-Y
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
OK - To confirm.

I will bw at CF's place at 6PM, Friday, Dec 26th.

I will come alone and unarmed.

El Dingo
...there were some epic ED/DM (not to be confused with EDM) rides. I've never rode with any other DOOMBro (I know riding with LB or PPFY would end up with me staggering out of the desolate mountains a week later dressed like a female Gorn).

tg - give me a holla either way.

To confirm.

I will bw at CF's place at 6PM, Friday, Dec 26th.

I might be alone or I might bring my biker friends, some deadheads and raver chicks with fuzzy boots....or maybe just tg. And I will certainly be armed.

Note: bw is an acronym for ??
Bw is an acronym for => Nothing.

I figure you are still just throwing letters together to confuse us.
pardon my letter-tossing affectatiousness. Tongue

besides, it was ED
El Dingo Wrote:I will bw at CF's place at 6PM, Friday, Dec 26th.
Is Cranefly manor VCD capable? I think we tried a VCD once before and failed.

Can you stream vimeopro to the Cranefly manor TV? Note that this is a private screening room vid and I can't figure out how to do it with my AppleTV.

Greg, didn't you work out a way to stream a password-protected screener to your TV? How did you do that? I've got a vimeo account but I can't figure out how to access the vimeopro vid so to queue it.

Ok, that was 2 questions for the CFs and 2 for Greg.

Looking forward to seeing y'all this Friday. tg - lemme know. u gotz my digits?

Oh wait...2 questions for the CFs, 2 for Greg and 1 for tg.

I'm logging off now. I'm on vacation.
Cranefly Manor is state-of-the-art, hanging ten on the leading edge of technology (or trailing edge of Ludditism). We have a 3D TV. I don't mean it simulates 3D with its images. I mean the TV is actually 3D, nearly as deep as it is wide and high.

I've bought a newer DVD player since that past VCD debacle. This one claims to play VCDs. Also, I just now hacked it to region 0 so it will play all regions (not certain if anyone has non-US region DVDs they'd want to view).

As for Vimeo Pro streaming, I doubt it, but am looking into it (the TV is analog, and we're using a converter box). I do have a nice 24-inch monitor that I sometimes connect to my laptop. That's maybe a bit small, but not too bad and something to consider.
I'm nobody's pony.
What I did for the private screening room vid on vimeo was put it on the watch later list. Then when you go to Vimeo on your Apple TV, you access the watch later list and there it is. QED.
DM: I think I have your number. I sent you a txt. Did you get it?

--tg
Hi All,

I'm going to have to bail. Some stuff came up at work (yes, I am at work today) and will take a while to resolve.

I have DOOM gifts that I will mail out if we don't schedule a gathering soon.

On that note, Giant's Bruce Lee night anyone?

El Dingo