Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is this guy?
It's a voight-kampff question. Are you an android? Are androids a level above robots? What do robots think of androids? Do robots dream of electric sheep? or something lower on the tree, like electric phytoplankton?

--tg
And when did they get shortened to droids & bots? 

‘77 for droids, right?

I’m still stuck on that wasp question. Am I having a Bladerunner moment?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
(07-05-2023, 07:41 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote: And when did they get shortened to droids & bots? 

‘77 for droids, right?

I’m still stuck on that wasp question. Am I having a Bladerunner moment?

I thought Huey, Dewey, and Louie were maintenance droids, but I am wrong. You are correct:

https://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/c...rge_lucas/

Quote:TIL The word "Droid" was created by George Lucas and he makes money on every "Droid" cell phone sold
George Lucas trade marked the word in 1977 for the first Star Wars. Motorola and Verizon has to buy rights to use the word from him

--tg
I keep meaning to rewatch that. Huey, Dewey & Louie were part of the inspiration for R2 and I remember enjoying that film but I haven’t seen it since it came out and I wonder if it still holds up.
Joan Baez singing the opening theme (by PDQ Bach) didn't hold up the first time, but it was one of my favorite movies growing up. The pacing is a bit off. there's a slow bit in the middle.

--tg
seoakter: you think moving your website will protect you? 

rafiasara9: Ha ha! Enough pointless talk. Let's fight!

--tg
Debbie IV is a junkie obvs.

Not that we have anything against drug addicts here.

Just sayin…
NortonGosse is the little brother of the antivirus magnet but didn't get anything from his elder sibling. They hate each other.
No posts yet, but:

Quote:Please welcome our newest member, zanhonytopz4812
[url=http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomForum/member.php?action=profile&uid=840][/url]