Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acupuncture for Cats
When you practice sticking needles into your cat, how does your cat know your not just torturing it?

This thought a result of a friend's Facebook post.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Acupuncture is pretty trippy. I've told you on how we used it for IPRs in Rock Med for a short time with an amazing success rate.

As for animals, we had some acupuncture done on our cat Ginger. She was astonishingly compliant. I even did a little write-up on it in the mag back in 2000 or so. There are rather in-depth protocols for animal acupuncture which goes back centuries. You can even get animal acupuncture models.

[Image: cat.jpg]
[Image: dog.jpg]
[Image: Factory-directly-Wholesale-10pieces-each...Models.jpg]
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Nobody is poking me with no needles.

As a person, you can rationalize and understand why you are being poked. How do you explain the procedure to the cat?
Just because it's a needle doesn't mean that it hurts. Sometimes you can't feel it at all. Sometimes it is pleasantly stimulating. And sometimes it hurts like a HELL!

The standard needle is super fine. You can barely feel it. Just a little pinprick. There'll be no more aaaaaaaaah! But you may feel a little sick.
All that being said, it didn't stop me from doing this to long suffering Zachary for a photo shoot with Dharam.

[Image: zachNeedle.jpg]
why was zach having acupuncture?
Dharam wanted to do a photoshoot and we needed a subject. I volunteered Zach. I don't think it did much for him.
good one. good on zach too!

you should have asked for extreme points. there are some crazy points. lb and i often discussed doing an article on extreme acu for our ezine, just because it would have shocking pix that could go viral. there's lacing where a long needle is threaded in and out of the skin (one particularly gruesome series of points goes all around the face at the scalp line) and there's points that penetrate all the way through the calf (lb said he tried to do that once but couldn't manage). and then there's lb's fav point, the huiyin. he's been trying to needle my huiyin for years. sometimes i think that desire is the basis of our relationship.
I'm afraid to ask. But I figure if I google it, I'll catch another nasty virus.

Are sure the basis for your relationship with LB isn't unresolved man-love?
Greg Wrote:Are sure the basis for your relationship with LB isn't unresolved man-love?
If you had googled huiyin, you wouldn't have asked me this.
Time to scrub my mind with clorox.

And, yes.
DM officially claims victory on this thread.

That is all. Moving on.