Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neighbors
One of our new neighbors is putting together quite the collection of garden statues in his front yard. Most importantly, one of those statues is the Sharper Image Garden Yeti.

I'm amazed the thing hasn't been stolen yet considering the people who roam our neighborhood.

He also has a Buddha. I'm still trying to get my head around using religious objects as decorations.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Why does religious decor bother you?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I echo DM's question. Religious motifs have been common for as long as there have been religions, it seems to me.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
If you are Christian and hang a cross up your house, go for it. If you are Buddhist and have a shrine more power to you.

But when you go to the supermarket and they are hawking Buddha statues along with the flowers, I think you are missing something.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Western religions put their idols in churches. Eastern religions put their idols in gardens, on street corners, in restaurants.

When a religion worships richness, the sacred is separated in a sanctuary. When a religion embraces the world, it is everywhere.

I'm just sayin...

Confusedmt059
Quote:When a religion worships richness, the sacred is separated in a sanctuary. When a religion embraces the world, it is everywhere.

That's a heckova sentence. You a writer or sumthin'?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I poached it off a fortune cookie.

If I was a writer, I'd be writing now, which is what I'm supposed to be doing instead of posting here.