Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alan Parsons @ Yoshii's S.F 14/05/01
I am using Euro-dating now because it makes more sense.

I have never been to the S.F Yoshii's so the venue was new to me. It seemed a bit smaller then the Oakland counterpart but it's been a while so I can't say for sure. The sidewalk is slightly above the Yoshii's dining area so when we walked by I could see Alan at his table, he looked up at me and realized I recognized him. He grinned and waved.

It was very cool that waiting for a show you could order drinks from the bar and take them into the queue with you. We chatted with other folks in line and had a nice pre-show bonding. We learned that there was an 8:00 show and a 10:00 show. This had never happened before. In the past Alan plays a 2 hr + show with no opener and no break.

The show was your basic 'Greatest Hits' mix with a nod to playing the entire Side 2 of "The Turn of a Friendly Card". Alan made several references to being locked to time constraints and you could tell he was not happy. They even played the last chorus of "Prime Time" acknowledging they did not have time to play the whole song.

On leaving the Yoshii's staff said the first 30 people to get in line for the next show would get in for free did not get many takers.

My one takeaway from the show was the sly waitress who came by after taking our first order. "Are you doing OK?" (BEAT) "Do you want another round?" While I nodded to the "OK" bit she wrote the "want another round" order and rushed off. I was tricked into buying drinks we didn't want.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
that's not euro dating. It should read 01/05/14

Secondly, Alan Parsons still tours? Wow. You should have invited Scapino.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Greg Wrote:Secondly, Alan Parsons still tours? Wow.
You think musicians live off residuals? Lol
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Greg Wrote:that's not euro dating. It should read 01/05/14b

Wow - You're right. I did not realize:

from: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.europeword.com/blog/europe/european-date-format/">http://www.europeword.com/blog/europe/e ... te-format/</a><!-- m -->

Interestingly the European date format is not used by the European Union itself, and for international affairs many countries opt instead to use β€˜ISO 8601’ standard date format. Here the organisation is closer to the US dating but with the year placed at the start, for example β€˜2010/12/20’. This provides a standard that allows important dates to be discussed and means that numerical sorting of dates allows them to be ordered chronologically and applied to various algorithms and automated systems unlike European date format.

///////////////////////////////////////////

I'll say it again - humans are weird.
El Dingo, be careful using all those slashes. DM doesn't like them. He makes me remove all slashes from articles for his mag.
Really, truly, he hates them with a vengeance. The only slash he allows is the one to be found in a swordfight.

But I think he's okay with slash-fiction.

--cranefly

P.S. I was also ignorant of the Euro-style date format. I figured they would use YYYYMMDD because it's more sensible, and when it comes to weights and measures, the Europeans tend to be a lot more sensible than us.
I'm nobody's pony.
CF is right. I do hate /

I do the YYYY.MM.DD because it organizes my files on my 'puter.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I have always used slashes to separate ED content from non-ED content.

They seemed elegant to me (versus dashes or periods). Almost like creating a border.

But, in deference to my Jedi Master I will now use:

:toimonster: :toimonster: :toimonster: :toimonster: :toimonster: :toimonster: :toimonster: :toimonster: :toimonster: :toimonster: :toimonster: :toimonster: