Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawkwind
Life is a circle! Or is that synchronicity is everywhere?

Anyway, if memory serves, DM was a big fan of Moorcock back in the day. Could be he still is,. But at some point there was mention that some of the Eternal Champion stories was leaking over into a rock band and that Moorcock helped write some of the tunes for the band. If I have my facts straight, this band was Hawkwind, who I had never heard of or their music. So, all this wonderful information was relegated to some dark recess, waiting to be forgotten.

Until I'm watching 'Behind the Music' on Saturday. They are taking about former Motorhead leader, Lemmy. Lemmy fascinates me. How can this person exist? How did this person survive his own excesses? Rumor has it that he currently resides in a flat in Hollywood which is within walking distance of his favorite waterhole. You can find him their most nights when he is not on tour with his band.

Well, when they are going over the CV of Lemmy, they mention that he was the lead singer of Hawkwind. Who knew? Probably DM. But now I know too. Oddly, the singing he did for Hawkwind sounds nothing like the rasp he does for Ace of Spades.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
I've been thinking I should revisit Moorcock sometime. His notion of the eternal champion was brilliant and parallel to Joseph Campbell. As for Hawkwind, I was never that big of a fan although many of my fellow Moorcock fans in high school were into them. I was more into what he did with BOC. Ever read The Great Rock and Roll Swindle? I think I may have, back in the day. I read everything he put out back in the 80s but then lost track of him. The Time of the Hawklords was the best thing about Hawkwind. 'Twas a hilarious send up on the band, Moorcock's writing style and pop/pulp culture.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse