Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger Claw Elite Championship JUNE 1&2, 2013
It's a whole new ballgame this year. We're splitting from Shark City and adding two new events: Tiger Claw’s Taekwondo Championship and Tiger Claw’s Traditional Karate Championship. Allegedly, we'll only have to focus on the TCKFMCV. KUNG FU TAI CHI DAY will be the day after again, probably in Plaza de Cesar Chavez again. As always, I really appreciate having my DOOM bros at my back.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
This is closing in fast and I have a minimal crew. Can use any help I can get from y'all.
This year, BadASS Bunny will consist of Greg (commander and chief), ED and for the extra added bonus, CF!

I need photographers.

There will also be one of Dr. Yang's disciples, Jav. He's a good kid and very strong. The dude trains full time in a live-in retreat w/Dr. Yang. Use him for the heavy lifting.
I thought in your Dragon Crew email you mentioned Legbone would be joining us. Misprint or late-addition?
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
prison duties. beginning to think he's the prisoner...
All yesterday, Gm Tu was using a circular saw to build some contraptions for his competition. It was frustratingly noisy. He's got all sorts of wackiness planned - some different stuff from last year like beds of nails, chopping bamboo suspended by newspapers, flicking candle flames that are enclosed in glass... THERE WILL BE IRON CROTCH! One of his students can lift 350 lb and the plan is that he will lift two people seated on platforms. I've already selected someone from my crew - a nooB - for the ride. :twisted:
You know, reflecting on all the crazy things I've gotten into in my life, it sometimes feels like I've entered this twilight zone at the outer limits of some mysterious fringe. There's this consensus reality going on, controlled by some totally deranged people, and no, I'm not among them, though I'm always at their party.
I'm nobody's pony.
Or his student is lifting two people? We should have people there film it. That would be awesome. Maybe put it in a documentary or something . . . .
Day One report:

Wow.

Taking on the responsibility of Tae-Kwon-Do and Karate meant taking on the entire McEnery Convention Center (Quanset hut edition). This place is huge. I grew 1/4" of stubble walking from the front door to the back end. I did this several times throughout the day and am now called 'Grizzly Dingo'.

DM was brought in around 8AM on a couch born by shirtless Maori warriors. Most of the weight was due to the heavy gold rings and necklaces he wore. Upon his ascension to the titanium throne the game were allowed to begin.

The Tae-Kwon-Do pavilion started with the 'Toddlers in Peril' challenge. Children were forced to leap barricades, crawl through tunnels and break wooden planks before returning safely.

Karate contenders were required to reproduce stances and strikes dictated by eons of masters.

I did not see the challenges faced by Wushu and Kung-Fu contestants as I was miles away from the action in this massive arena.

I need to shower and wash the offal from me so I can bring you the reports from tomorrow - "Tai Chi Slaughter"
[Image: magpie13.gif]
I back up whatever El Dingo said. Especially the bit about DM. Was he even sober?
I'm watching the footage mountain. One of the shots is a close up of DM's tie. The cameraman accidentally left the camera running while he was talking to DM.

All I could think was "Great. We got shots of the Qi Tie"
Couldn't have been me. I barely got to see DM. But I fully expected that. My goal was to stay out of his way, impinge on his overloaded mind as little as possible, and try to help out with the coverage.

My contributions to your discombobulation and ire come on a later reel. Enjoy.

--cranefly
I'm nobody's pony.
I can't wait to see the footage so I can know how the event went. Most of what I can remember were parents complaining that their kid didn't win. There was also the judge that had an anxiety attack triggered by too many weapons - seriously - I never could have foreseen that problem coming, but in hindsight, I should have. :o

Greg Wrote:Was he even sober?
Now how could I possibly keep my namesake if not? :drinkers:

I can't thank you three enough. I hope you all had a great time. Was there a DOOM bro pic? I can't remember now...
Just found out over on DM's forum that DM is a massive racist. It goes to show you just don't know a guy.
Twenty videos in and I'm still working on Kung Fu. Then again, someone said he wanted Kung Fu videos because he felt his beloved Kung Fu was getting short changed. Not this year. Ha!

But this is the one that amuses me most.

[youtube]F-bdv0Os7Ug[/youtube]