Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruz
My daughter just got accepted to Mount Madonna, a private school high in the mountains of Watsonville, connected to the center of the same name run by the followers of Baba Hari Dass.  It's an amazing opportunity and although it'll be a push for us to afford it, we're all in.  This means I'll probably be moving back to Santa Cruz.  We're still working out details, of course, but we'll probably rent out our home and rent something in or around the Cruz.  Back to the Cruz.  It'll be a beyotch of a commute but as I've had the luxury of a minimal commute for two decades, I'm okay with it (plus I can crash at my folks if need be and hopefully, TC willing, telecommute now and again).  

I'll keep y'all abreast of my impending relocation.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Congratulations.

You can always bunk with thatGuy, I'm sure.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Greg Wrote:You can always bunk with thatGuy, I'm sure.

Or pitch a tent in my yard more likely. My house is much the opposite of the Tardis...

--tg
We'll probably start our search after T finishes her school year. If you hear of anything, tg, let me know.
I'll keep a look out. I also know a couple of local realtors that may be able to help find rental properties.

Let me know if you want a hook up.

--tg
will do, when the time comes...
Once you live back in SC for a while you are going to get used to it and never be able to leave.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
...gotta get there first.

I'll be glad to leave Fremont, that's for sure. The short commute was good, but Fremont is the armpit of the bay area...
Drunk Monk Wrote:...Fremont is the armpit of the bay area...

(...and that's a compliment!)

--tg
Actually, that is Alviso's "City Motto".
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
It's a typical Boom-burb, with lots of potential, 4th largest city in the Bay Area, and the city is financially stable. There's just no downtown here, no hub (actually there is a strip mall called the hub, but it's just a big fat Target and a Trader Joe's). That being said, I'm a little bummed that some of you have never seen the house we built (some of you have - Greg came over and cut a hole in my wall) - it was a sterile yard when we bought it, grass like a golf green and nothing else, and is now quite the little refuge. If you want to come by, let me know.

tg - we are looking to be within a mile (walking distance) of the bus stops for T's school. The 3 SC bus stop locations are:
Pacific Cultural Center
Aptos Library
Michael's on Main

Still not sure if we will rent or buy. That depends on what's available. If we buy, we'll have to sell our current home.
We just got the keys to a place in Seabright. It's tiny - 800 sq ft compared to our 1300 now - the 1 bathroom is so small that i have to stand in the tub to pee in the toilet. But location, location, location - it's a block from T's bus stop, two blocks from the brewery and 4 blocks from the beach.

When you view our new home on google map street view, it is split by a dimensional rift. I think that's as auspicious as moving into MacBeth street was.

We'll be moving over the course of April.
Very close in size to our place, which is 850 sq ft.
Let me know if you need help. I'll try to make myself available.
I'm nobody's pony.
I will need help. We will be renting a truck sometime during T's spring break 4/15-19. We plan to move all the big items then, but then live at my 'rent's during the week so T can finish out her school year. We got to get rid of a lot of stuff, or put it in storage.

Your place is about the same size actually. We'll be a little tighter as we have a kid and a pom.

There are three houses on the lot. Ours is the largest and in front. By weird coincidence, the other two are occupied by individuals, one of which owns a tuxedo cat, the other, a white pom.
We have to move a piano. So we're calling in the pros. It turns out that if you hire piano movers, and pay just a little bit more, they'll move everything. So we're hiring people to do the 'heavy lifting'. That happens on the 8th. We'll still be in Castle MacBeth until the school year finishes or we manage to rent it out.

Reducing my stuff by 8/13ths is a bitch. I've already passed along some treasures to some DOOM brothers - a skull, an embalming kit, BRDs of Death Race 3 - more might arrive in your mailboxes if I get around to it...or not.