Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pom penis blues
Today, Jingles rallied. Tara managed to feed him a fair amount of cereal this morning, then I feed him some crackers, then later he ate some chicken and dog food. His buddy Romeo came by, a neighborhood Pom and the only othe dog Jingles acknowledges, and they played a little Pom piddle chess and hung out. Jingles finally had a decent poop, and now he's perkier and looking more like himself. It's not a complete recovery yet, but he's doing much better. He seemed like he was at deaths door for the last few days. Now he seems only a little down. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Huzzah. All hail, Mr. Jingles.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Jingles didn't eat well today. He's been a fussy eater for the last few years. He slept mostly today but was fairly bright eyed when awake. Not sure what to think now.

I've just been lazy today, watching Olympic highlights but we don't have cable so can't opt in on much more than that unless we get a cable code (message me if u have 1 2 share). It's a weird staycation. Sad about missing Yosemite.
The vet took X-rays - on top of jingles' enlarged heart, he has an enlarged spleen and his spinal arthritis is bad. We got a new painkiller and were told to reduce his cough med. might get new heart meds too. We've added a cbd tincture I picked up at a local club designed for pets. The vet said that's fine if it helps him sleep. He's still not eating well and now his penis is aggravated again. Poor pup.
Yesterday Jingles was almost perky. Today not so much. I spent most of today petting him save for a short break to decompress at seabright beach. We watched some tv, gazed at the backyard, mostly just    rested. He's been breathing heavily and looking at me imploringly. At one point, he went out on our veranda and sat for some time by the Buddha, something he has never done. He had the runs and we had to clean him after.

It's so hard to know where he is at. He's not eating well - some cereal from Tara, some shortcake from Stacy and I got him to eat a vitabone. We are in classic Kubler Ross: Stacy in anger, Tara in denial, and me in depression. I've had a whole week off and done nothing but slept. I'm totally off my qigong and kungfu regimen since rotr. I had several odd chores that I've been putting off all week. I've been so sleepy but I've been sleeping more than ever. After squirming a lot, struggling to find a position of comfort, he has finally dozed off next to me.

I have to go back to work next week. Deadline cometh. A friend from Israel is visiting, so I may take Monday off to visit with him, swapping yesterday as I telecommuted.
Jingles has been getting up all night, tweaking about something. Is breathing isn't as labored as before, but he keeps sitting up and sniffing the air. Very strange. I wish he would sleep.
I am sorry for Jingles' suffering and for the sadness of your whole clan.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Was up past 4:20 but too exhausted emotionally to post on that thread. Thought sure that was going to be it. Now he's sleeping like a baby.
Tough little puff-ball. Maybe you can get some sleep?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I've been sleeping all week. Today is a pajama day though. I'm hanging with my Pom on my bed, just being here. I've put off a bunch of piddly chores all week - why stop now? This has been the most unproductive week off I've ever had. I go back to work on Tuesday where there are two weeks of deadline grind waiting for me. And any day now I may have to dig a hole...

Jingles hasn't eaten all day. We got some of his meds in, plus he drank a little water. But he hasn't really gotten up at all today.
Good of you to be with, Mr. Jingles. But, then, what else are you going to do?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Jingles has given in to gravity. Right now, he's lying in the middle of our living room floor. He's only drank a little water today. He lifts his head now and again and looks for us. I keep looking to see if he's still breathing.

A professor from Israel flew in with his family today. Our families were good friends while he was here at Stanford as a visiting prof. Tara and his daughter are the same age  - we haven't seen them in years and who knows when another chance may come? We hope to get together tomorrow for lunch, perhaps in half moon bay. Tuesday I have a cover story to write plus many other work tasks. Wednesday I said I'd work at th 'mo. We shall see what this week brings...
after spending last night and this morning on my bed, jingles spent the rest of today sprawled out on the living room floor. He neither ate nor eliminated, just drank some water. Stacy opted to sleep by him tonight on the floor as last night became my brutal watch. We all watched a short doc on the Karolys, and some random Olympic highlights. Jingles lifted his front paw for me signaling a belly rub, gave me a slight Pom smile, and that was our last connection tonight. When I bid him goodnight just now, his gaze wasn't focused.

My friend's flight was delayed of course so they weren't able to secure a rental car, so Tara and I will head up to SF to meet them for lunch. Should Jingles survive the night, Stacy will stay with him tomorrow.
Jingles got up and went outside, presumably to eliminate. He's at our back door stoop, like last nite. I petted him, but he didn't acknowledge me until i leaned really close into his face.

Another tweaker post, I know. The web has been my distraction all week, and this my outlet.
Jaingles is still with us, still not eating, yet still somewhat responsive. He's picked up an odd hind leg twitch, but doesn't seem to be in any pain, but the codeine cough syrup surely helps there. Stacy called the vet who was of little help and suggested we bring him in and out him down. We're not sure that's the way to go at this time. It seems more peaceful just to let him fade as he has been for the last few days. He's lying on the sofa with me now, quietly ruminating about everything I imagine.

It was 2 hours to SF for a 2 hour lunch with some very old friends (Tara's childhood friend from 13 years ago, which I'm sure they both found very surreal), and 2 hours back. I keep thinking about my work schedule for the next two weeks, and how I might stay flexible if I suddenly need to dig that hole.