Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pom penis blues
I'm with you on the gradual fade. I had to put the last two dogs down. I can't say I enjoyed it. As long as Mr. Jingles, isn't suffering, why rush it?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(08-15-2016, 05:47 PM)Greg Wrote: I'm with you on the gradual fade. I had to put the last two dogs down. I can't say I enjoyed it. As long as Mr. Jingles, isn't suffering, why rush it?

We really pushed the envelope with Artemis. We had her in doggie diapers and meds. We couldn't bear to let her go. In hindsiight we were doing it for ourselves and not for for her.

Keep her happy, but recognize the time.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
He's agonal. It's time. Appointment for today.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Sigh.

So sorry DM.
the hands that guide me are invisible
The mobile vet put Jingles down on our sofa with Stacy and me petting him. Tara opted not to be present and went to the beach with her boyfriend. It was a very peaceful transition.

I buried him in my mom's yard, a few yards from where I buried our cat Redbell last year. Stacy and Tara went to a movie. 

Now we have only one - the new kitten Shiva Dawn. She seems to be looking for Jingles right now. They never really connected anyway.

And so another thread on this forum closes. When I'm up to it, I will reread this and mourn.
S & T went to see Hunt for the wilderpeople, which they both enjoyed for its quirkiness and humor (Stacy said she laughed harder than she has at the movies in a long time) but there was a dog death scene.  Sad
There is going to be a lot of bad synchronicity in the coming days.

Sorry, DM.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I had the wildest dream last night. 

In the waking world - 'reality' if you will - my mom has been driving me nuts lately. Between her hearing issues and her opioid-soaked brain, she’s really hard to talk to and pushed all my buttons until I get these uncontrollable bouts of rage. I know it’s not her fault. It’s me breaking down, prolly why I’ve been babbling more than usual here on DOOM. They say caretakers have to take care of themselves too. And I’m failing at that.

Jingles came to me last night and led me around my mom’s house, telling me everything was going to be alright. It was good to see his Pom smile again. He wasn’t actually talking in the dream, just speaking with his eyes. At the end, he said ‘see you later’ and I woke up feeling much better.

Lord knows I miss that little Pom.
Why do care-giver and care-taker describe the same job. One is taking and one is giving?

I could spend a lot of time talking about the rage I feel around my mother. Oh, wait. I've already done that. But it is my default state when interacting with her. I don't ramp up to it. It's all rage. All the time.

Quote:Drone walks dog for man on coronavirus lockdown in Cyprus
[/url]
[Image: 7ac7fdc7-23d7-4b75-ba20-6632af24acdc.png]
[url=https://www.nydailynews.com/joseph-wilkinson-staff.html]

By JOSEPH WILKINSON
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
MAR 19, 2020 | 6:14 PM

[Image: GYVFOOFEUJCDNH62NCHNHZVZFM.jpg]

This pup was quite happy with its drone dog-walker.

Talk about the tail wagging the dog.
One resourceful man in Cyprus used a drone to walk his dog while on lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Vakis Demetriou shared the video Wednesday and captioned it “5th day quarantine” while encouraging people to stay home, but also remember to care for their furry friends.
The pooch itself appeared quite happy trotting through the empty streets of Limassol on Cyprus’ southeastern coast.

The Mediterranean island nation had 67 confirmed COVID-19 cases as of Thursday afternoon, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins.
That will be the downfall of our impending robot overloads.

They will become too attached to our pets.
I'm nobody's pony.
reminds me of that ep of love death & robots about the cats.