Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bozeman, MT & Yellowstone
Looks like you guys had fun last week and I'm bummed I didn't get to join in. I instead went to Montana for the first time. Got to visit my daughter, eat awesome grass-fed beef, and camp in Yellowstone for a couple of days. We knew it was going to be cold so we tried to stop on the way for a little brown liquid, but discovered that you can't buy liquor in Montana on holidays. (Isn't that what holidays are for?!?) We ended up stopping just inside the park at the grocery by Mammoth Hot Springs and picked up this:

[Image: YS_Bourbon.JPG]

Which was a good thing as it was 26° on one night and around 30° the other. We had elk bugling all night along with Canadian geese honking off and on all night. The bull elk also decided to stroll though camp which was pretty exciting. Ended the Montana trip in the Lewis & Clark caverns

[Image: LC_Caverns.JPG]

While we did see bats (of the furry kind, not the wooden or aluminum kind), Cthulhu was no where to be seen... Fhtagn!

--tg
Hmm, Giants or Yellowstone? I'm glad I didn't have to make that choice.

Sadly, your pictures aren't showing.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Fixed...(I'm irked that DropBox tweaked their photos directory so that it always opens a viewer on their site and you can't embed an image - like above. The workaround is to store your images in one of the other DropBox directories and then use that link which works fine.)

--tg