Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iron Sky
Review coming soon.

Poster is awesome.

Trailer is magnificent.

You are warned!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ironsky.net/">http://www.ironsky.net/</a><!-- m -->

Will there be sword fights?
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
"Hyperlinks"? Are those links that go faster than light? I thought that was impossible!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
EPIC!!!

More political than I thought. Very funny.

Crowd was the single largest node of nerds that I have seen in a trekkie's age. It was The Nerd Singularity. Impressive.
It was amusing, particularly the president/palin bit and the b2w astronaut, but it needed a bollywood number.
What DM said. Very racially innapropriate. Funny that Finland was the only one that didn't arm their starship and were, I believe, the financiers for the film.

It should have had more nudity. And by more I mean any.

It seemed like a bunch of VFX guys just wanted an excuse to blow things up and show spaceships.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Greg Wrote:It should have had more nudity. And by more I mean any.
And more blood spitting. And a sword fight.

A Bollywood number too.
I didn't really enjoy it. I did not know it was a parody and was expecting a homage a'la "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow". Guess I should watch more previews.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Finally caught this on Netflix. Having read the reviews here, I knew what to expect and I enjoyed it. It wasn't great, but it had fun moments. I think the soundtrack was particularly weak. I think Iron Sky would have been better as a serious movie, but I did like that they stuck in a parody of the Hitler bunker meme to bring things full circle:

[youtube]D35tR_cR0ww[/youtube]

--tg
Quote:Andy Garcia, Chinese Star Duan Yihong Join 'Iron Sky: The Ark'
12:55 AM PST 12/8/2017 by Scott Roxborough

[Image: iron_sky_garcia.jpg]
From left: Rhydian Vaughan, Andy Garcia and Duan Yihong

The third feature in the sci-fi franchise has begun shooting at Wanda Studios in China.
Andy Garcia and Chinese Star Duan Yihong have joined the cast of Iron Sky: The Ark, marking the most prominent actors to attach their names to the cult comedy sci-fi franchise.
Garcia, an Oscar nominee for his performance in The Godfather: Part III who recently appeared in Dean Devlin's Geostorm, will play William Russell, an Illuminati mastermind billionaire.

Duan, who just picked up the best actor award at the Tokyo International Film Festival for his starring role in Dong Yue's thriller The Looming Storm, plays the Greenwood scientist Fang Mingtao.

Co-starring in the feature, from Finnish director Timo Vuorensola, are Lin Yi, Vivienne Tien, Rhydian Vaughan aka Rhydian Yue and German actor Udo Kier. 
The third edition in the Iron Sky franchise has been shooting at Wanda Studios in Qingdao, China since October. The film has been set up as a Chinese-Finnish co-production and relocates the action to China, linking the Iron Sky's sci-fi universe with the ancient Chinese fairytale of Chang’e. China Film Co., Jiabo Culture Investment Co. and Jetsen Cultural Media Group are producing.
Iron Sky: The Ark is set to shoot through early 2018 and is eyeing a early 2019 release in China.
Vuorensola's Iron Sky was released in 2012. The sequel, Iron Sky: The Coming Race, is set to bow early next year.