Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ULTRAMAN

I dunno. Looks kinda like Speed Racer...

Actually this is a deep dive into Ultra family lore. I know of it but I don't know it that well. Most of this didn't play in CA and I was only familiar with the Ultra family from my trips to Hawaii as a kid. I'm disappointed to see they aren't tapping the Ultra women. Mother of Ultra was a fav.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Started in on the new season on Netflix. Got 2 eps in. I couldn’t remember where last season left off nor could I remember the original series well enough for this to make a lick of sense, but the first ep of s2 had a sword fight (ultra sword v lamppost) so that was fun. 

The animation is staggeringly beautiful, cutting edge anime, so visual that it doesn’t really matter what’s going on. I just let the superb action and surreal images wash over me like a hot shower on a chilly morning. There’s some new villainesses - masked noh maids from a themed cafe and they are addictive.

Still fun. D00M recommended but I’d suggest to just jump in on s2. It’s not worth watching them all and it’ll be more fun if you don’t quite know what’s going on. If you start from the beginning, it might be less abstract but where’s the fun in that?
I slept thru the first 4 eps last night. I might see how many I can sleep thru tonight. 

Then I'll go back sometime and see if I caught any of it subliminally

--tg
Better than Zolpidem!

This trailer makes no sense to me. But I’ll still watch. It’s better if it doesn’t make sense