Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paris & Rome 2018
(08-28-2018, 10:39 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: When you go back to Verve, try a “Gibralter” (aka: “Cortado”). I think Verve uses too much milk in their caps. Their coffee is good, so why drown it?

You can ask them to put less milk in. It's the Cruz, bro.  You can ask them for soy, almond, hemp, or organic milk.  Maybe even goat milk.  And for the record, I have yet to try their whiskey syrup (doesn't seem much point to that because it's non-alcoholic).

My family has left Greece.  They weren't too into Greece overall.  It was hot, language and food were difficult, and most was more 3rd world-like. Plus Tara was uncomfortably with all the leering men, which was even worse than Italy apparently.  They enjoyed Corfu. They are now in Milan, which they are enjoying immensely.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
They are never coming home.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

(08-31-2018, 09:17 AM)Greg Wrote: They are never coming home.

Well, Tara isn't.  She only stops by for a few days to collect her things and then she's back to school.  And she is planning to stay in SD for the summer.  If her plans are successful, she has officially moved out.
Two thoughts: That blows and good for her.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Such is parenthood.

Actually, they are in Verona now.  I think it's Venice next, and then back to Paris to catch the flight home.
My family is home safely. Despite my efforts to make the bungalow presentable for their return with cleaning and flowers, Shiva peed all over Stacy’s favorite throw rug and then escaped out the cat door which I thought I locked so she’d be here to welcome them back. Alas. Cats.
Cats are assholes.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Tru dat cat.

Maybe that’s why I relate to them so well.

Ironically, I’m allergic to them too. That just adds to their assholery for me.
Yeah, everything you say is true.
 But still, they're so adorable!

It's sort of a Cat 22.

(Does that work at all?  Or am I just whistling in the wind?)
I'm nobody's pony.
(09-06-2018, 10:31 PM)cranefly Wrote: (Does that work at all?  Or am I just whistling in the wind?)

Does anything you post work at all?  I mean beyond in a DOOM tesseractilian yetiknickers sort of way? No worries, bro.  We get ya.  And even if we don't, we'll still claim to.  

So Stacy, annoyed by the reek of cat pee (in my defense, we had a big skunking outside which masked the urine-odor, plus the Mission burned out all my pisssmellin receptors) left the back door open so the bungalow could air out last night.  She went right to sleep after getting home but woke up around midnight last night with that jet-lag-tweak.  So she was surfing on her Mac when she heard an invasion of possums, raiding the bungalow for cat food.  There were at least two.  She woke me and I being the man of the bungalow (even the cat is female), I grabbed my pillow-sword bokken and drove the beasts from our abode.  Only I didn't.  Turns out I just dreamed that.  I never got out of bed.  I woke this morning to the furniture all rearranged (Stacy had to chase one from behind the sofa) and realized that it was only a dream.
Still counts as a victory. If women can be mad at you in real life for something they dreamed, you can get credit for being the bold dispatcher of Buddy the Possum & Friends even though you just dreamed it.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
(08-08-2018, 06:29 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: Notre Dame is lovely but no Quasimodo.

So heartbreaking.  It was the first cathedral we went in for this trip, and we passed it many times because it was near several of the places we stayed.  We even had a tiny view of it from the last place.  Having seen it in several lights - morning, afternoon, evening, night - it was always impressive.  I'm surprised I didn't blog more about it, but then we had just arrived and were being overwhelmed by Paris.
https://collections.louvre.fr/en/

[Image: 0000195665_OG.JPG]
https://collections.louvre.fr/en/ark:/53355/cl010117708