Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle
Blitzkrieg trip to Seattle. Fly up Saturday night, put on a clinic on Sunday, fly back Monday morning. I wanna be more like DM.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Start with getting your Medical Marijuana card.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Or I could try to get you to video the seminar.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Leave a ticket at the counter. Get me a room. The Equipment is already in the car.
Sorry, but I need more pics of feral cats and hooligan sheep-dogs. You can work from home.
Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote:I wanna be more like DM.
1. get married
2. father a daughter
3. get a mortgage
4. go veg
5. adopt a feral cat
6. adopt a pom
7. eat more fiber (or get a high colonic)
8. exchange an email or IM w/greg at least once an hour (or simply post on this forum more)
9. make a career of slinging obsolete weapons....oh wait, never mind. nix this one.
9. drive a vehicle with four wheels
10. become proficient with more obsolete weapons than just whippy swards.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Hey, It's been almost two hours since my last email. Oh, wait. This post trumps that. Dammit.
I think it was all that late-night-@-Denny's imprinting. Now, a quarter-century later, we just bat banter back and forth out of reflex.

Umm, could I get more hot water for my tea? And another Tab for my friend...
Where is the mustard for my French Fries? And could I get a glass of water for this grow thing?

Plus, I can't go to Seattle. Too close to the sister's side of the family.
Now there's a flashback.

How much coffee and smoked salmon do you think PPFY can consume in Seattle? I'm thinking he could easily down my entire body weight, with a full bladder to boot!
The answer to the Salmon and Coffee question is: All.
Reports of famine will shortly be arriving from the north...
[Image: yeti.jpg]
Give me your salmon and coffee if you want to live!
It was good. Not quite 30 fencers, mostly teens, good mix of skill levels. Last time I was up, the theme was "how to compete". This time the theme was "how to practice". Everyone left exhausted with their brains full.

My friend who put me up is a long time iado dude and a collector of Japanese swords. How serious is he? You can see the stuff he and his sensei have for sale at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.japaneseartswords.com">www.japaneseartswords.com</a><!-- w -->. At his house there were several tasty, tasty swords, the oldest from around the late 1200's. Shiny!

The food highlight was geoduck sashimi. Never had it before and it matched my friends description: it tastes like the sea but has the texture of raw carrot.

Big Hawaiian breakfast and home again and right to work. I like Seattle a lot and this fencing club is filled with good coaches and good fencers.
There are more unknown words in any single blade description on that sword website than I knew existed in this space/time continuum. Where did I put that spare 50G to buy a couple of things from them?

Sweeeet.