Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adele @ Greek 8/14/11
Wanda Jackson opened, the queen of rockabilly. Loved her band but she was too weird - her singing and yodeling...well, let's just stop at yodeling.

Dm was there early and caught Adele's soundcheck, which was delightful, and managed to walk right past her backstage, in a place dm wasn't supposed to be as Adele has heavy security. Didn't try for eye contact. Then went down to Rasputin to trade some music - scored Kung Fu Super Sounds - a compilation of classic Shaw Bros movie soundtracks that is almost unlistenable, but a must for Dm's collection for obvious reasons (was looking for Delhi 2 Dublin but couldn't figure out where it was filed, then KFSS just stuck to dm's hand like a magnet). A nice day on Telegraph.

Adele played a short set - just over an hour and a half. She doesn't have that much material. She's chatty between songs, witty, funny & endearing with her UK accent and frequent usage of the F word. She could be the Shirley Bassey of 2010+. She could really rip into Goldfinger. The audience worshipped her, clapping, singing, cheering on cue. A few songs in, Dm was toying with buying a CD just because she's quite family friendly. Soon after Dm bailed on that idea. Had a call during her rendition of Dylan's Make you feel my love, which was a bummer. Also was called away during Rumor Has it, but caught most of the begining of the set, as well as the finale Rolling in the Deep, which of course would be the finale. Dm was entertained overall. It was a very pleasant ending to a 3-day RM run. Nothing like a nice sunset at the Greek. Rumor has it that OSL got crazy on Sat - Dm is happy to have dodged that bullet. Apparently no one showed to Freedom Fest. Dm is very pleased with his show strategy for the big RM weekend.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Drunk Monk Wrote:She could be the Shirley Bassey of 2010+. She could really rip into Goldfinger.
[youtube]7HKoqNJtMTQ[/youtube]

If only I could turn my extraordinary visionary predictions into cold hard cash.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse