Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Japanese food
Quote:Nissin is launching instant noodle flavored soda
[Image: grace-110x110.jpg]Grace Kim
17 hours ago

[Image: Untitled-design-25.jpg]

[/url]

[b]Japanese food company Nissin, known for its instant noodles, has introduced a line of Cup Noodles-flavored sodas in honor of its 50th anniversary celebration. [/b]
[b]The drinks: [/b]Available this month, the soda drinks will be available in four flavors, including the basic Cup Noodle in a ginger ale style, seafood with a cream soda base, curry cola and a chili-tomato, according to [url=https://soranews24.com/2021/09/13/nissin-cup-noodle-soda-turns-ramen-flavours-into-fizzy-drinks/]Sora News 24
  • The company revealed the products on their Twitter account on Tuesday and has reportedly generated mostly positive feedback from other users. 

• “Whether it’s delicious or not is up to you!” the company said. 
[b]Where to buy: [/b]Consumers can purchase the limited-edition drinks on the Nissin websiteor through some Japanese retailers including Amazon Japan

ADVERTISEMENT
  • The Amazon site only offers the option to purchase the entire anniversary set including the four sodas, eight Cup Noodle snacks and eight other Cup Noodle soups, at 2,998 yen or approximately $28, CNet reported. 

• It is not yet confirmed whether the goods can be shipped to the U.S. or are available for purchase on English-language sites. 
In another creative endeavor merging food and drink, Nissan’s pumpkin spice-flavored cup noodles will be available at Walmart by the end of October. 

Featured Image via Nissin 

Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Hard pass.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

coward

chili tomato sounds interesting

seafood noodle sounds challenging

i'll try it if it's pescatarian friendly
Who is the noodle ninja?

Someone sent me a sampler case of gourmet ramen. There’s no card - just the company’s return address. I’ve been asking around and no one is copping to it.

This is not the first time something like this has happened.

I’ve been interrogating the usual suspects but no one has confessed yet.

Those noodles look damn tasty but those pesky ninjas give me pause.

Was it one of you? If so, impressive. We haven’t had a decent night drop in years. It’s kinda cheating to get it delivered but given the prolonged absence, that’s fair.

So if one of you sent these - well played. Fess up. Take credit. Bon touché, Mon ami! 

I wanna dig in to those noodles without fear of being poisoned or getting Covid…
I'd take credit. But I can't. I'm more of a t-shirt guy.

Not me. I'd have eaten the noodles and then downplayed how great they were.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I really wasn't too suspicious of any of you. It doesn't have that D00M feel, ya know?

I asked my dog park friends because I recall having a conversation about ramen with them and someone recommending a particular brand of ramen. She's high on the list of my probable noodle ninjas. She's also the one that gifted me the shroom chocolate - a local Tai Chi instructor and the person that turned me on to Midnight Diner on Netflix. Sadly, her sister passed away last week - about the same time that Buck did coincidentally - so she's in Kansas City now dealing with that and gone radio silent. I think she said her sister had cancer. 

I'm just gonna eat some of those noodles. If it is ninja poisoned, well, you guys can avenge me, right? I mean after all, ain't that what D00M is about?
Why would you be suspicious of us innocent lambs?

I know some real life ninjas. Srsly. People who make their living as ninjas. I know some. Consequently I suspect everyone.

I talked to my Tai Chi instructor friend. She says she did not send the noodles. The mystery persists.

I may just make some and post a food selfie. If it is poisoned, it would be a fitting way to go out - poisoned by ninjas - that epitaph works for me.
Those noodles were really good - some of the best I’ve ever had.

https://getnoodie.com

Grateful for my noodle ninja, whoever it was…
Sword-scicles and throwing star toast! Get ready for the next Rocky Horror showing...

https://boingboing.net/2023/07/10/enjoy-...-cafe.html

Quote:Enjoy a huge ninja sword popsicle and, um, throwing star toast at this entertainment cafe

David Pescovitz
10:49 am Mon  Jul 10, 2023 

[Image: ninjasworddd.png][img=375x0]https://i0.wp.com/boingboing.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/ninjasworddd.png[/img]
Ninja Cafe Takayama claims that their edible sword is "Japan's longest ice cream." The Gifu Prefecture, Japan entertainment cafe offers ninja training and, um, toast shaped like throwing stars.

Real ninjas will be disappointed though as the ice cream ninja swords as these are 40 centimeters long—30 centimeters shorter than an actual samurai sword. Also, the ice cream sword is not double-edged.

According to Japan Today, "In true ninja fashion, the Ninja Cafe is keeping hush-hush on the ingredients, but if it's anything like the samurai sword ice cream we tried in 2019, the hard ice cream is likely crafted with kuzu, a traditional starch extracted from the roots of the kuzu plant which is often used in confectionery as a jelling agent."

[Image: cafe_photo_morning.jpg?resize=930%2C930&ssl=1]
image: ninja-takayama.com

--tg

If your Japanese isn't so good, McDs is now offering shrimp nuggets.