Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Janet Jackson @ BGC 4/19/11
There was a flash mob at the start of the show. 40+ people doing Janet dance steps to a medley of her old hits. Some were dressed like Janet. Some were more casual, like a couple in their 50s who looked like they just came from the suburbs of Iowa. There was the obligatory 6 ft + black tranny in pumps too. It was awesome.

Just as Michael was strangely effeminate, Janet is very butch. She's physically strong, almost a fighter's body with a broad thick back and solid guns. She wore a black wifebeater's shirt to accentuate her body. She's a good dancer, very grounded, and knows how to make her breasts jiggle to the beat. She's also a decent singer.

The show started late, like any good diva, but ended early - I don't think she was on for more than 2 hours. If I dropped $150 for a seat, I would have been pissed. But the audience worshiped her.

During one 'catch yo breath' break, they showed clips of Janet's TV and film work. She turned in some intense performances back in the day. I was impressed by that.

Her finale was way too Vegas campy, with tribute pix of her and Michael as kids and some overdone sappy song with lots of stage lights.

Janet is the only Jackson I have seen live now. I'm glad I went.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse