Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lurid Land of Legbony
Well hello,

Yes this story starts one cold day in Dec. Our Hero, from this point on will known as "Bob" for various sercurity reasons, was walking across the parking lot heading into the prison for his first day of work. Off in the distance Bob hears gun shots being fired and shouts coming from behing the 20' foot tall re-enforced concrete wall. "Hmmm, thats doesn't sound good," Bob thinks to himself. Suddenly a white van pulls along side and a custody officer asks, "You coming?" as he opens the door. So Bob jumps in. After a rather hectic ride, Bob is dropped off at the entrance to the "C" section. Outside the entrance is a long line of emergency vehicles, many small golf carts and several dozen prison staff rushing into the small entrance. Bob enters and narrowing misses being crushed in the sliding door which closed with a loud thunk. As he passes down the hall way, lines of custody officers in tactical gear, with various weapons run past him in the hall way. Around the corner, Bob sees a dozen gourneys with inmates lying there, blood is every where, medical staff running from inmate to inmate and yelling orders. So Bob finds an inmate with a large head wound pooring blood and grabs a stack of 4x4's to apply pressure.

As he starts working on the injured, it dawns on Bob that he just walked into a large full scale prison riot on his first day off training. It involved about 200 inmates, 7 of which were shot with live rifle rounds, dozens with 40mm rubber rounds, and a lot of pepper spray. Of course the prison made "shanks" and other weapons were used causing varoius wounds.

Once the critically injured were shipped out to the hospital, the staff started a systematic triage of the other 200 or so inmates involve who are now sitting out in the yard, covered in pepper spray and wearing plastic zip cuffs. BTW the pepper spray is roughly 6 times stronger than any available to the public. After several hours out triaging and evaluating inmates, tears are streaming down his face from the storm of pepper spray still blowing around the yard. His first supervisor, of course wearing a stab vest, Bob has yet to get one issued, and asks, "Whats the matter Bob, can't ya take it." Of course with a big smile on his face. Bob laughs and thinks to himself, I am finally home.
Wow. I am so glad you have Bob stories. I want more of them.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Tales of Bob.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Agree; new "Tales of Bob" thread =Good Idea.

Glad Legbone is back on the forum, even if it is just to spread the gospel of Bob.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
Quote:13 wounded in Calif. prison riot, including 1 shot
Updated 10:26 a.m., Thursday, September 20, 2012

FOLSOM, Calif. (AP) — A riot Wednesday at a California prison holding many of the state's most hardened criminals left 13 inmates wounded, including one who was shot by correctional officers.

The disturbance inside a yard at the California State Prison, Sacramento in Folsom involved an unknown number of inmates after it broke out shortly after 11 a.m., said Terry Thornton, a spokeswoman for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

In addition to the inmate who was shot, at least 12 others were taken to the hospital after being stabbed or slashed during the riot, Thornton said. Four were treated and returned to the prison.

Prison officials said 60 inmates were involved in the disturbance, but have not discussed what provoked it.

Correctional officers tried to quell the riot by firing non-lethal rounds of an unspecified type, according to a statement Thornton issued later Wednesday. They also fired six shots from a rifle. The state plans to investigate the decision to use potentially deadly force, which is a standard procedure.

It is at least the second known incident within a year at the 2,800-inmate maximum-security facility that opened in 1986 commonly known as New Folsom, due to its proximity to the more well-known Folsom State Prison, located 20 miles east of Sacramento.

In December, 11 inmates were hospitalized, including one shot by officers, after a riot that involved 150 inmates. One officer was injured during the confrontation.

The fight occurred in the exercise yard of a housing unit.

The same prison that mostly houses inmates serving long sentences and has a sizable prison gang population was also the scene of a riot in May 2011 that sent six inmates to outside hospitals, two with serious injuries.

It's also located next to the Folsom State Prison, a medium-security prison that opened in 1880 and is the second-oldest prison in California. It houses more than 3,100 inmates.
http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/13...878177.php

From Mrs. Bob:
Quote:No worries, yeah Bob shift starts a the end of yard time which is when most of the riots happen. He always seems to be there for clean up. You know Bob, the warrior soul in him loves that stuff.
Thought of Bob. Glad to hear he is okay. I should go and interview him to preserve these stories and to piss of elder sister to no end. She's been begging for years to me to help her writer her prison psyche ward tv show.

We might want to come up with a different name for this thread as we already know somebody with the Bob moniker. I vote Wilbur.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
I went to check up on LB at his stronghold. He is doing well, enjoying stockpiling for the coming zombie apocalypse. There's a crazy minutemen supply warehouse just down the street.

We got a little snow on Sunday morn, just enough to make everything white for breaky, and then melt away before we drove home.

I passed along one of my treasures and made him promise that if it ever got too much for him to bear, he has to pass it along to another DOOM brother.
Didn't Mrs. DM object to you handing The Pom over to LB?
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
LB already has two dogs. That's the pom's pack.

Here is a missive from LB:
Quote:BTW. I am still processing the magnitude of your drop. I am humbled and honored. The voices in my head are busy planning my next move. That's damn near checkmate my friend. Perhaps I will have to tap the prisoner database on this one. Some of those serial killers have a pretty funny sense of humor. Lol

Take care

Eek
LB and Syl came to the Cruz last weekend, just prior to my NY trip. We had dinner at the Brewery, walked to the lighthouse, and then had breakfast at Seabreeze (my local super awesome diner which I will take any of you to if you're ever in town for breaky, except for tg as he's local here and surely already knows). Anyway, they were in town for a getaway before some eye surgery for LB. He had a cornea replaced. His vision in that eye was at 20/600. He had a lot of trepidation as it was his first major surgery ever, which is why they came to the Cruz. Syl texted me yesterday and said that all went well. I texted back telling her not to show him the following until he had fully recovered.

[youtube]z5WO2WKyfLA[/youtube]
big news imminent, but i'm not going to drop a spoiler here, not yet.
Another horseman of the apocalypse has galloped across my sitonmyfacebook feed.

Legbone has become the first DOOM grandpa. He is the first, right? At least the first one we know of, as we aren't all accountable for our bastard's spawn...
Here's a strange ttt.

So Syl & LB gave me this bottle of gin a few years back. Aurora distillery, based in Anchorage. They were rather proud of it in that local sort of way, like I am proud of Verve coffee. Now Syl, she has poor taste in liquor. Her nose is fried from working in medicine where she had to put up with all sorts of abhorent smells. I remember once walking with her at a music festival and she was reveling in the fresh mountain air scent, but it was really the disinfectant from the porta potties we were passing. And LB, hell, I taught him how to drink, and not very well. So I wasn't anticipating much from this bottle. 

I'm not exactly sure how long I've had it. I had in 2018 for Cali Roots (the one that got away http://www.brotherhoodofdoom.com/doomFor...1#pid28711). I brought it with tonic and lime juice with full intention to make gin and tonics for the crew. But I bailed, and didn't feel like leaving the bottle, so it returned home unopened.

I just cracked it. I was getting worried that I would run out of whiskey (paranoid, yes - I actually have the bottom of one bottle, and two top shelf bottles that I've been saving for some special occasion, so I'll make it). I used to be a gin drinker and still love my gin & tonics. 

LB's gin ain't great. Maybe I've lost my taste for gin. Maybe it'll grow on me. It tastes very medicinal, which is fitting for SIP nitecaps. Nevertheless, a toast to LB.

(01-07-2013, 11:30 AM)Drunk Monk Wrote: I passed along one of my treasures and made him promise that if it ever got too much for him to bear, he has to pass it along to another DOOM brother.

The treasure was a human skull. That real one I had. I got it from an anatomical company just prior to human bones becoming illegal to traffic. It was that final play, what I thought was the winning play, in the skull oneupmanship between LB & me. LB found a really nice box for her. We've always treated her with due respect. 

Syl said she'd return her to me after LB passed. I imagine she will although I don't know what I'll do with it now. Part of the reason I kept a skull was because medieval monks kept them as mortality meditations, but I've got more than my share of those now. I don't know who deserves her. But we'll cross that bridge when it comes...
(04-19-2020, 10:07 PM)Drunk Monk Wrote:  Maybe it'll grow on me.

It's better with a squeeze of fresh lemon. Lime would be even better but I don't have any limes. I do have a very productive lemon bush.
You should do a raid on Lynch Castle in 'Toga. There is a very productive lime tree in the backyard. You'll just have to get past the Gorgon to access it.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm