Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enthiran
At one point in the movie it occurred to me that the robot had a certain resemblance to Harlan Ellison.  It requires just the right angle and lighting, but then the sunglasses and hair and squarish jaw all bring it out.  Once I had that thought, it was hard to shake it.  Still, it didn't hurt the movie for me, because there's just too much going on to dwell on it.  Hopefully it will not ruin it for you either.
[Image: fa736250b42362fe86d3d98a7bfa5d93.jpg][Image: harlanellison_newsite.jpg]
I'm nobody's pony.
This just made my day.

Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Didn't know where to post this.  But it amused me so I'll share it here.

Could they not have turned her body so her neck wasn't twisted?

And what does Jada think?
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Of all the films coming soon now, I'm looking the most forward to this one.  

Honestly.

AND STRO!  

Looking forward to that too.  

Yeppers.  

Stro FTW!
I dunno about that “Stro” movie. I heard it was orignially going to be a Dm and Yeti “road” movie, then it was going to be “The Road” staring DM and Yeti, now I hear it is just going to be a lot of talk about Stro with very a lot of people who are *not* DM and Yeti.

I’m blowing my money on Chitti-Chitti-Bangalore.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
If you two hadn't stared so longingly at each other with knicker-fetish eyes, I could have put more of you in the film. It was just too creepy, otherwise.

That wasn't longing.  It was bitterness and regret.  

Lotta water under that bridge, boyo.  

The tag line for the Yeti & DM road pic would be 'U-haul? NO! U fukkin haul!"
The prevost hauls while the Master rides?

Nothing for “Chitti-Chitti-Bangalore”? Nothing?

Sigh.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
(09-13-2018, 02:58 PM)Dr. Ivor Yeti Wrote: Nothing for “Chitti-Chitti-Bangalore”? Nothing?

Sigh.

I was preparing a big Bollywood dance number to celebrate that one, but somehow tripped and fell off the stage.
A belated Yeti FTW!
I'm nobody's pony.
I’d like to thank the Academy for this award...
2.0 was a disappointment. No Ash. Rajinikanth reprises his role as the robot scientist and Chitti. And stepping in is Akki - the might Akshay Kumar - one of my fav stars. But it falls flat. All the cell phones have gone awry, flying out of peoples' hands and forming a flock beast, fusing The Birds, the Blob, Rodan and just a touch of Alien chest bursting. Akki is a bird lover protesting bird killing cell towers. But that isn't revealed until a good hour into the film with a long 'I get it already' back story. There's some interesting imagery with the cell phone blob and some sci-fi concepts about cell phones but it's only about 5 mins worth, stretched over 2 hours. The finale fight goes total CGI kaiju with Akki v Raj in a football stadium, and while it has its Enthiran moments, it feels like rehash. There aren't even any good dream sequences or dance numbers except for the end credit auto-tuned bot dance rave. I'm posting that below. It's the best part.

No sword fights. Not DOOM recommended.