Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enthiran
You would think our Kollywood (It's in Tamil so it's not Bolly) reporter would be giving us updates on this all singing and dancing robot destroys the world picture. I guess I have to pick up the slack again.

[youtube]ES6OFMEEdN8[/youtube]

And this
[youtube]jYGCqTdPjrE[/youtube]
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
So, Sonny (from I, Robot) vs. an army of C3PO's with some singin' and dancin' thrown in? Genius!!

I nominate DM to preview it.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I'd totally see this. I'd see anything with Ash.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
Does this mean I'm ahead of the curve on this one? I thought for sure DM had already seen the sequels and done the interview with Ms. Ray. Yeeha!
...or kollywood for that matter. lately, it's all been about chollywood.

i think the last bollywood film i saw was chandni chowk. it's been a while. what was the last one you saw?
i so want to see this now.

[youtube]hNXHveyzUvY[/youtube]
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://mashable.com/2011/01/28/enthiran-action-sequence">http://mashable.com/2011/01/28/enthiran-action-sequence</a><!-- m -->

--tg
it needs to be merged with <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://brotherhoodofdoom.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2066">viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2066</a><!-- l -->

i started to watch the clip, but stopped, realizing that i should experience this film in its entirety.
Damn, I thought it looked familiar

--tg
I don't think you are moving your Qi through the 12 vessels properly, DM. Was this so hard?
On iTunes for only $1.99. So worth it.
Those clips are a fair sampling of what this film is - Tollywood + Terminator + Frankenstein + Demon Seed + Daft Punk. Ash raps and twerks. She moves in seductive slo-mo a lot, and bats those gorgeous eyes of hers, which is all she really needs to do. And she's still got the dance moves and that crazy high-pitched traditional Indian singing voice. Rajnikanth is like Elvis + Ed Parker with a unique style of humor that can switch from macho to self-deprecating in a dance beat. He plays a duel role - mad scientist & villain robot, and he muhahahahas very well. Chitti is the robot and first learns dancing then martial arts immediately after, but has his feelings awakened by Ash when she gives him a light peck on the cheek (who wouldn't?). The second peck, which he ransoms for catching a mosquito (which he talks into submitting) induces loti and butterflies to blossom from his circuit boards (we get a CGI roboto-scope view) and an amazing dance number ensues. Wait, you can just watch this part for yourself:
[youtube]U7x8iEiax64[/youtube]

Swords! Light sabers even! Lion bots! Huge sets! Robot hallucinations! Random dance numbers (Macchu Pichu? Wth?) Finger guns & roller skate feet! Robosnake, robot walls & robot ball of death! Head spinning! Major explosions! Spectacular panoramas! Hilarious fight scenes!

I can hardly describe the awesomeness.
My daughter was working on some homework essays while I watched this. She finished and walked in during the finale. "What!?! What is happening in this movie!?!??!" She was instantly glued to it. I mean srsly, this is simply undeniable.

[youtube]yysbbPStfWw[/youtube]
Jeebus!!! it is undeniable! I had to sit through the whole thing, too!
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
I finally watched Enthiran last night.  It's titled Robot on Netflix streaming.  I kept putting off watching it, figuring it was just special effects.  But it really is a complete movie, solid science fiction, and even though some of the effects are hokey, they're effective.  Other effects are impressive and state-of-the-art -- something I didn't think I'd say about an Indian film anytime soon.

It's an inspired production, too.  The director went all-out, kept putting in weird little dream sequences and other digressions that could have been cut, but I'm so glad he kept them.  DM alluded to a mosquito sequence, which should have been a 5-second toss-off scene.  Instead, it becomes this truly ridiculous sequence running a couple minutes, and I loved it.

There's a magic to this movie.  It just grabs hold of you and drags you in.  Lots of right decisions throughout on little things, making the whole greater than the parts (what the hell's the word I'm looking for?  Synergy?)

A very fun watch.

P.S.  The most unbelievable part of the movie is the long opening sequence when the scientist is so busy working on his robot that he completely ignores his girlfriend for many weeks.  Ash?  WTF!
I'm nobody's pony.
Total DOOM flick.  Those of you who have yet to see this are completely missing out.  Especially if you've been wasting your TV time with the Defenders.  You don't know.  You just don't know.