Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legalize it
Now it has a big ol' sign in the window. They seemed confident that it would be business as usual and were happy to see me back. I'm a little bummed that the burrito joint next door closed down because that made for a nice stop too. Now where did I put my frequent buyer card?

The scene is getting hectic again. There was a moment of glory but now there's a lot of pressure from the feds. The feds aren't going after the clubs directly, except for the tax issue. They are going after the landlords and the advertisers. There's a clock ticking on the landlords - one month or so - and the lawsuits might ensue.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
I thought the Feds had told them all to shut down or else.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
That's just it. The clubs can afford lawyers. In fact, my old trust fund lawyer went over to defending 215 cases because trust funds have tanked and 215 is on this skyrocketing growth arc. So they are going after the landlords and the advertisers. That sucks for the local print papers. The clubs represent a lot of income. It also sucks for the landlords. Our 'hood has such low occupancy, the landlords are struggling to hold on too.

I'm trying to keep you all abreast of this from the inside, because the DOOM forum is all about inside info from experts, but I can't really communicate the scene because it's so out there - like what you might expect from a bunch of stoners.
They had a dancing hippie dude at a major stoplight with a sign that said "Medical Marijuana Here" and a big fat arrow. Note that Harborside is right across the street from the Great Mall in Milpitas.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://harborsidesanjose.com">http://harborsidesanjose.com</a><!-- m -->
That's how far the newest Newark club is to my home. The Happy Wellness Center. It's like right down the street from the supermarket. I could ride my bike there, if I ever got off my ass and bothered to ride my bike.

As soon as I get some scratch, I'll have to check this one out.

For the record, NBD is 3.1 mi, 8 mins from my office.

This is just ridiculous. It's amazing that I'm ever sober nowadays.
Yes, it is.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Of all the places, Dm's 'hood is the biggest battleground in the Bay Area. Figures.

Never did get to check out the new club (no $) and now the old club is shut down again too. Cry

Quote:Danville home, Newark pot club raided one week after another dispensary closed
By Chris De Benedetti
Fremont Argus
Posted: 12/14/2011 04:59:37 PM PST
Updated: 12/15/2011 09:10:26 AM PST

NEWARK -- Police raided the city's lone remaining pot club Wednesday, about a week after another marijuana dispensary ended its months-long fight with city officials by closing for good, authorities said.

Police served a search warrant about 3 p.m. at Happy Wellness Center at 7200 Jarvis Ave., near Haley Street, state Department of Justice spokeswoman Michelle Gregory said.

The Southern Alameda County Major Crimes Task Force assisted Newark and Union City SWAT teams in the raid, she said.

Police also searched a Danville home in the 100 block of Victoria Place, near Blackhawk Road, where four people "associated with the dispensary" reside, Gregory said.

Officers arrested Keila Santos-Gonzalez,
28, at the house, authorities said. Police are looking for the other three residents, Gregory said.

An undisclosed amount of cash was seized at the residence, she said.

The Danville home was dark Wednesday evening, surrounded by crime scene tape. The large home, with a fountain in front, sits on a cul-de-sac near tony Blackhawk.

The police operation occurred nearly six months after authorities raided NBD Collective, which opened in 2009 on Thornton Avenue in the Old Town neighborhood.

NBD agreed to close last week after its landlord received a letter from federal prosecutors threatening to seize his property if the dispensary owners did not leave, said Terrence Grindall, Newark's community development director.

"The landlord asked them to leave and they agreed," he said.

It was one of several legal challenges facing the pot club.

Five people, including NBD Collective owners Teddy Miller and Bob Uwanawich were arrested in a June 28 raid of NBD's facility.

They are facing more than 25 charges, including multiple felony counts, said Kirk Elliott, an attorney representing the defendants.

The city and NBD also waged legal battle for more than 18 months, as city officials claimed that a dispensary was not a permitted land use in that area.

Meanwhile, Happy Wellness Center opened more than three months ago and remained in operation until the raid Wednesday, said Scot Candell, the club's attorney.

Candell said the dispensary has done nothing wrong. "The collective is in full compliance with state law," he said.
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_19548877
TTT 4 2018

Can’t go anywhere without smelling pot smoke now here in the Cruz. This weekend we went to the movies and could smell in on the streets. Smelled it from our neighbors. Did an 8 mile hike in Henry Cowell and smelled it on the trail. We just came back from dinner and there were people toking up in the parking lot and walking out behind the restaurant in full view of the dining room sessioning - well, it was Michael’s on Main’s Grateful Sunday so that’s to be expected.

I’ve yet to burn one this year. I thought about grabbing a puff on my veranda on Jan 1 in celebration but never got around to it and still haven’t. Weird.
Ug. We had a group spark up next to us when we stopped to take our sunset pics. And while cannabis is legal, it is still illegal to smoke in the park.
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

Legalize it, tax it: The right thing to do. I still hate the smell of it.
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
There are far worse smells.  

I confess, legalization has taken away some of the mystique.  I liked being marginally criminal.  Guess I got to move on to meth.
I'm nobody's pony.
What the actual fuck?

Quote:[Image: voracious-logo-large.png]
Carl’s Jr. is rolling out a CBD burger, but don’t get your hopes too high

By Maura Judkis
April 17 at 2:00 PM

[Image: N7PRBU3TEIZ7LNH2HCPBOSLSZY.jpg]
Carl’s Jr.

If you live in Denver and you’re celebrating 420, the weed-smoker’s holiday, the burger chain Carl’s Jr. has just the thing for your inevitable munchies. The restaurant is debuting a CBD-infused burger, to be sold for $4.20, on Saturday, April 20 (4/20), at a single restaurant in Denver. The burger, which has been named Rocky Mountain High: CheeseBurger Delight, consists of two beef patties, topped with pickled jalapeños, pepper jack cheese, fries and CBD-infused Santa Fe Sauce. Carl’s Jr. is the first major fast-food chain to put CBD on its menu.
But if you think you’re going to get blazed off a cheeseburger, bad news: CBD is a non-psychoactive compound in hemp. It does not contain tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the compound in marijuana that makes people feel high. Advocates say it promotes relaxation, diminishes stress and eases pain. In fact, some say that CBD can counteract some of the unpleasant effects of being high on THC — so if you show up to Carl’s Jr. stoned and anxious or paranoid, the burger could mellow out your high.
CBD has been popping up in lattes, gummies, skin-care products and even pet food: It has become one of the biggest trends of the year and is only expected to grow. The CBD industry got a big boost after the passage of the farm bill earlier this year. When it’s derived from hemp and grown according to strict regulations, its use will be legal nationwide. (Cannabinoids that do not comply with these regulations will remain a Schedule 1 substance.) But for now, it’s a tricky area of the law, because the Food and Drug Administration still hasn’t decided how to regulate CBD products.
April 20 has become a major branding opportunity for food companies. Even such mainstream brands as Burger King, Denny’s and Chipotle use the opportunity to connect with their customers through cheeky social media posts using stoner lingo. But professionals in the cannabis industry don’t love the pile-on from junk-food brands, which they say promotes negative stereotypes about the lifestyle.
Though the burger will be available only on Saturday at the Carl’s Jr. restaurant at 4050 Colorado Blvd. in Denver, availability could eventually expand. A company executive told Business Insider that if the test goes well, Carl’s Jr. would consider, ahem, rolling it out across America, though it could face challenges with state regulations.
Given how much publicity the burger is getting, there’s a good chance that demand on Saturday will be … high.

"Negative stereotypes about the lifestyle"
As a matter of fact, my anger does keep me warm

I'm just miffed that there isn't a veg burger version.