Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legalize it
Just discovered a club only a few minutes from the office here. I can go there on my lunch break.

uh oh.

:weedman:
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
my local club was raided and shut down. and i was on a first name basis with security, as well as over halfway through my frequent buyers card. Cry
Dm found a new club. It's like a bank, with teller lines., decorated with tasteful Buddhist statues. There's opportunities to get free medicine by volunteering for an hour writing politicians. There's free medicine provided for low income that qualify. There's massage and acupuncture. It's pricier and farther, but not out of range of a long lung.

Rock Med and JAH Med are blowing up right now. August-September just got crazy insane. Summer's here! Watch me go, brothers, just watch...
Onward! Confusedmt079
In the Tudor Period, Fencing Masters were classified in the Vagrancy Laws along with Actors, Gypsys, Vagabonds, Sturdy Rogues, and the owners of performing bears.
An ATM.

Confusedmt033
A no DM policy.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
Drunk Monk Wrote:but not out of range of a long lung.
heheh, freudian slip that. i meant 'lunch'.

Drunk Monk Wrote:August-September just got crazy insane. Summer's here! Watch me go, brothers, just watch...
So from TexASS, to GAIA, to OSL/Comedy Jam/Adele (tonight) and next week, more. It's been quite a run.

At OSL, a friend introduced dm to an iVape. Now, for those of you brothers that don't inhale (or no longer inhale) medmarij tech has been exploding. There's a trend towards vaporizing, which is a process of heating the med on an element - not burning it - to vaporize the active ingredients. It's not as tasty as a smoke, but much cleaner and more potent. It also has minimal odor. The original vapes were large units. One of the early prototypes dm saw years ago was basically a paint stripping heat gun turned on a med compartment, funneled with tubes like a hookah. Since then, it's gotten much better. Here's a hint - turkey bags are often used to collect the vapor because it vapes too fast to inhale all at once. Last time dm drove thru the emerald triangle, he saw a billboard advertizin cheap bulk turkey bags. Too funny! Anyway, the iVape looks like a small pen, charges in a USB port, holds 100 drops of med oil, and hits smoothly and soundlessly with a touch of a button. This unit is so discreet, it could be used in a movie theater. Amazing, just amazing. We've come a long way from the ol' sneak-a-tokes.

The world of medmarij is moving so fast. Dm can't even begin to keep up with all the strains and tech. Life is good in CA.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...1KRCA5.DTL
i'm am the only one on staff. More on this tonight...
Quote:Oakland pot dispensary gets $2.5 million IRS bill
Carolyn Jones, Chronicle Staff Writer
Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Oakland -- A leading Oakland marijuana dispensary was hit with a $2.5 million tax bill this week, which may force its closure, dispensary staff said Tuesday.

Harborside Health Center owes the Internal Revenue Service back taxes for 2007 and 2008, based on a federal law prohibiting marijuana dispensaries - unlike other businesses - from deducting payroll, insurance, rent, workers' compensation and other operating costs from its revenues.

"We think this assessment is unfair and inaccurate. We have no choice but to fight this," said Harborside executive director Steve DeAngelo. "I'm profoundly concerned on behalf of our patients."

IRS spokesman Jesse Weller had no comment on the case.

Harborside, one of the largest marijuana dispensaries in the world, has 94,000 clients and last year posted $22 million in revenue.

In 2007 and 2008, the years under scrutiny by the IRS, Harborside earned about $7 million and $12 million, respectively, DeAngelo said.

Other large dispensaries, including the Marin Alliance for Medical Marijuana, have also been slammed with large tax bills.

The IRS also plans to audit Harborside's tax returns for 2009 and 2010, DeAngelo said.

"This is not an effort to tax us. We're happy to pay our taxes," he said. "This is an effort to shut us down."
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...1LDGO6.DTL
I've been going to the San Jose annex of Harborside.

On a side note, my old club now has an 'open' sign in the window and a new name.
Can't you just get it from the guy in the overcoat on the street corner like the old days.

We saw many pot dispensaries on our walk through Venice Beach on Saturday. You should think about relocating.
No one gets herb from someone in an overcoat on the street corner...no one but soon-to-be-offed informants on some stupid police procedural tv show.

Don't get me wrong. As someone who has worked in the music industry for almost a quarter century, specifically in the dead scene for the first half of that and reggae scene for the last half, supply has never been an issue for me. Still isn't. It's more about local politics. I support the clubs because I know the medicinal value. Ever since I went arthritic, my relationship with it has changed. My ailments are minor compared to some of the patients I see. Sure, there's a lot of people taking advantage of the system. But that is far outweighed by the people that have serious needs. Frankly, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have access. I went through a battery of Rx attempts and those left me more wasted than a keef-sprinkled kush-filled fatty (which probably means nothing to you, but oh well).
That was about the movies thingy.

I know what Kush. It's that fungus between my toes.
It's really the growing market that fascinating.

Case and point: http://www.kivaconfections.com

Quote:Cities can't give permits to pot clubs, court says
Bob Egelko, Chronicle Staff Writer
Thursday, October 6, 2011

Federal law prohibits California cities from issuing permits to collectives authorizing them to supply marijuana to medical patients, a state appeals court has ruled, raising questions about the scope of local regulation of pot dispensaries.

In overturning a Long Beach ordinance, the court said the city went a step beyond California's action in 1996, when state voters eliminated criminal penalties for patients who used marijuana with a doctor's approval.

Deciding not to prosecute someone for drug use doesn't conflict with the federal ban on marijuana possession and distribution, the court said. It also said a city's restrictions on marijuana dispensaries, such as limiting their locations and operating hours, wouldn't violate either federal or state law.

But by issuing permits that let a certain number of pot collectives operate within city limits, the court said, Long Beach has put a stamp of approval on an activity that federal law forbids and is interfering with nationwide drug enforcement.

"The city's ordinance ... goes beyond decriminalization into authorization," the Second District Court of Appeal in Los Angeles said in a 3-0 ruling Tuesday.

Long Beach could appeal to the state Supreme Court or could try to revise its ordinance, either by following the appellate panel's guidelines on regulations or by banning dispensaries altogether. The city attorney's office did not respond to a request for comment Wednesday.

Medical marijuana advocates said the ruling, if it stands, will set new criteria for the diverse rules on pot suppliers adopted by many cities and counties since California voters approved the law in 1996.

"It makes it more difficult for cities (to regulate), but I don't think it eliminates their authority," said attorney Michael Risher of the American Civil Liberties Union in San Francisco. He said cities could apply health, safety and zoning laws to marijuana collectives.

Although the ruling appears to prohibit local governments from limiting the number of suppliers by issuing permits, a city could largely reach that goal by requiring dispensaries to locate in certain zones and at certain distances from each other, said attorney Ruthann Ziegler, who has represented cities in other marijuana cases.

The Long Beach ordinance limits dispensary locations and operating hours, sets safety standards including laboratory testing of the drugs, and requires dispensaries to pay a nonrefundable application fee of more than $14,000 and an annual renewal fee of at least $10,000 if they win a lottery for a permit.

But Matthew Pappas, lawyer for two patients who challenged the ordinance after their collectives did not qualify for permits, said Long Beach is actually trying to ban medical marijuana collectives. He said one client's dispensary was the target of a raid in May by more than 25 officers who used a battering ram to break down the door.

"Patients don't have any problems with reasonable restrictions," Pappas said. But he contended a local ban on dispensaries would violate federal disability law, a position he argued in another Southern California case now pending before a federal appeals court.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...1LDSIS.DTL

Greg Wrote:We saw many pot dispensaries on our walk through Venice Beach on Saturday. You should think about relocating.
You do realize that I'm in the east bay, right? Five & Dime massive. Oaksterdam. We even have our own university - http://www.oaksterdamuniversity.com
I thought you lived in a state of bliss.
...more like a state of confusion.