Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Despicable Me
Best 3D noses ever. It's all about the minions, who are never explained, but distractingly amusing. The DVD extra will be about the minions. The rest of the film is completely negligible.

Decent 3D, especially the minions in the end credits. There's a special phone app that you're encouraged to download to translate the minions during the credits (that is, if you didn't turn your damn phone off like you were told). I'm sure that app comes with lots of ads.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
The Netflix queue strikes again. It was enjoyable. Now that I read your note about the noses the 3-d makes more sense. As we watched the film, Cindi and I played the game of what would look good in 3-D and there seemed to be few instances where it would be neccesary, with the exception of the end sequence in the credits.

There seems to be a new rental policy now that they don't give you the extras with the disk. You have to buy the DVD in order to get them. So, if there were cool extra we remain oblivious to them.

All told, it was enjoyable. The animation was bright and colorful. I especially liked the weapons design that both sides came up with. The story was, get this, predictable! Hard to believe, I know.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit
He thought it was really touching. I think he just identified with the villains a lot, pointy noses notwithstanding.
Shadow boxing the apocalypse
You guys know I'm a sucker for redemption. This movie was pretty much a redemption-gasm.
[Image: magpie13.gif]
Only made it about half-way through before abandoning this picture. It seemed geared for a very young audience unlike the first one.

We got to the point where they think the identify the big bad guy at the mall, when I called a halt. It just wasn't funny and the story was very dull.
So much for the flickr badge idea. Dammit